Site: Sort/Filter on Follows > Library

It would be great to be able to do following stuff in Follows > Library:
  • sort titles in the library, by title, rating, number of bookmarks/readers, number of comments, number of unread chapters, etc.
  • filter titles in the library, by tag, publication status, having unread chapters, etc.
BTW There is a similar request related to Follows > Updates (Site: Filter on Follows Updates), but I think it's better to keep them separate.

Upvote 38
Dex-chan lover
This is something I'd love to see, primarily the sorting by having unread chapters. Since I joined Mangadex I've just lazily added stuff to the Reading section of my library.

Have recently been going through and actually sorting things into Plan-to-read, Completed and Dropped. Just having the option to sort would be immensely handy in cases like that. Would probably be even more handy for those who don't regularly check for updates, could easily see at a glance whether or not they missed an upload.

I would like a tab that only shows unread chapters saved in your library so that I don't have to manually click through 400+ different series to see if they were updated.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
I would like a tab that only shows unread chapters saved in your library so that I don't have to manually click through 400+ different series to see if they were updated.
If we omit the "unread" and focus on the "to see if they were updated" .. Isn't that just the updates page? (could use some clarifying if not¿)
(While remembering to deselect the bell on the status update window when changing away from reading + using the Chapter Languages option in the settings to filter the chapters to languages you actually read in)

If we omit the "unread" and focus on the "to see if they were updated" .. Isn't that just the updates page? (could use some clarifying if not¿)
(While remembering to deselect the bell on the status update window when changing away from reading + using the Chapter Languages option in the settings to filter the chapters to languages you actually read in)
the problem with the updates page is, once I have read a chapter that chapter is STILL on the updates page meaning I have to scroll through 282 pages of updates to see if I missed an update for a series. If the updates page removed chapters that I've read, it would be perfect.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
the problem with the updates page is, once I have read a chapter that chapter is STILL on the updates page meaning I have to scroll through 282 pages of updates to see if I missed an update for a series. If the updates page removed chapters that I've read, it would be perfect.
So it was like that huh.. i omitted it originally because with duplicate chapters it'd mean that you'd either have to mark them as read when you haven't actually read them which would probably get annoying or have it filter out all duplicates..

Well, if this post is anything to go by then you probably shouldn't get your hopes up for anything tied to read markers, it could technically be filtered locally but that's obviously not ideal as that'd just be hiding them and you'd end up with empty pages :haa:

(edit) owait, you replied in that thread, whoops, i only glanced through it earlier and remembered teasday's post as i read your reply here

Please, dear devs, for the sake of us neurodivergent people on the autism/Asperger's spectrum, the OCD among us, and others...

Please, please, PLEASE enable a "Sort by Title" function. Or a manual sorting function so we can categorize/group/order the titles in a way that our brains make sense of.

Sorting by latest upload? REALLY? Especially when the latest upload isn't in our Language? ? ?
The Indonesian or Ukrainian readers would love not getting their libraries re-ordered every time an English translation goes up, and vice-versa. I hate getting excited for new chapters, opening the page, and there is nothing new there. Because the latest upload is in a language I can't read and have filtered out of my list.

Dex-chan lover
I would really like the option to filter by tag option in the library.
There was this one manga I knew was in my reading library and I didn't remember its name, but I didn't want to have to look through the hundreds of manga, so I had to google its description for a long time.
It would have been easier to find if I could searched for it by sorting the tags that I knew it had.

Yes please, if I wanna recommend a manga to someone, I don't wanna shift through tons of oneshots and hentai to get to the stuff that I can recommend. I could add it to a list, but that is not easy because I have to click the manga and add it to a list, then go back.

So adding a "Add to MDList" button on the titles in the Library would also be good

I'd like to be able to sort by rating, so I can check that my ratings are consistent, find the ones I haven't rated yet, and find my absolute favourites easily.

Filtering by tags would be nice too, but maybe it would be easier to modify Advanced Search to add a "title is already in my library" option?

Please at least give us a way to sort by name. It is super annoying to browse through several pages of items you plan to read whenever and you still can't find anything because it is sorted by whatever weird thing.

Users who are viewing this thread