Site Update - 23rd of November 2023 (Advanced Search rework 2: Electric Boogaloo)

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Hello everyone! We have a new site update.

Added:
  • On the homepage, added a "Staff Picks" section that features titles selected by staff members.
Changed:
  • On the advanced title search, the following are updated:
    • The filters are now hidden by default, unless you navigate to this page with filters pre-set in the URL.
    • The search bars on various select elements are now highlighted when focused.
    • On the tag selection menu, you can now dismiss the tip.
    • On the tag selection menu, the tags are redesigned to be more compact and give a more concise feel of the proper click area.
    • The content rating selection is now empty by default instead of starting with all the content ratings selected. The behavior is not altered as it will still use your setting defaults, but it should now work consistently with the rest.
    • The original languges and the translated chapters selection menus now show the corresponding country's flag on the beginning.
    • The publication year is now a numeric input.
    • The way you can filter chapters by language has been changed to match the behavior of the old filter menu.
  • Updated the style of the "Popular New Titles" section on the homepage to be more immersive and consistent with the mobile look.
  • On the "Popular New Titles" section, added the arrows and enumeration back on mobile (there is a known bug where it shows 0/10 on a certain title, it is known and will be fixed in the next update)
  • Made the scrollbar rounded.
  • In the "Popular New Titles" section, the covers are now lazy-loaded.
Fixed:
  • On the advanced title search, clicking "I'm feeling lucky" no longer records two pages in the browser history, allowing you to navigate back to the search page without issues.
  • On the advanced title search, the tag selection dropdown size and position has been optimized to no longer go beyond the screen on certain sizes.
  • When updating the title covers, temporarily fixed an overflow issue with long cover languages in the dropdown. The input and select forms will gradually be updated to match the ones in the advanced search.
  • The dedicated page for recently updated titles no longer uses different filters than the one in the homepage.
  • On the "Popular New Titles," fixed a case where text truncation had an issue with more text wrapping below the ellipses.

Contributor
For the publication year is it possible to add the oldest publication year possible?

I love the new "Staff Picks" section.
Thank you!

Power Uploader
Searching with a publication date below 1000 ends up in a "400 Bad request" response and an endless loading spinner.
Ideally the input would have a min/max consistent with what's available but that's probably too much of a bother for such a detail.

Abolish Harems
Staff
Developer
Searching with a publication date below 1000 ends up in a "400 Bad request" response and an endless loading spinner.
Ideally the input would have a min/max consistent with what's available but that's probably too much of a bother for such a detail.
Interesting! The min/max year isn’t documented in our API lmao (though I could’ve read the backend code to tell that, so still my bad). I’ll add a “rejection” modal for invalid inputs then.

Users who are viewing this thread