Skill Lender’s Retrieving (Tale) ~I Told You It’s 10% Per 10 Days at First, Didn’t I?~

Dex-chan lover
I just saw chapter updated and now it's all gone
Didn't see it, but I'm guessing it was uploaded by someone not affiliated with Void Scan.
You can see up to chapter 35 on Void Scans' website currently. They don't seems to be uploading this series on MD anymore for some reason.

Dex-chan lover
The translation is bad and the artist is not talented enough so some scene is pretty awkward, but overall pretty enjoyable story.

Commonly bad.

The initial concept was interesting, and then it went the usual generative content. Adventure, not solving looming problems, and I'm smelling no kill policy here.

The antagonist was common too. Annoying, blonde, always angry or make that disgusting smiling and grinning face... which is so annoying I wish I could dropkick every illustrator that did this.

Fed-Kun's army
After a few chapters I've decided not to read this. The author doesn't even seem to understand the mechanics of the character they've created.

Let me clarify. The main character is a predatory banker/loan shark. That's his power. He should be a villain, but instead he's introduced as this poor guy who's being taken advantage of and is just so aggrieved by this elite party which is prepared to toss him out. This is a tired cliche which makes no sense.

How is he falling behind if he can get skill points just from his teammates returning the skills? Why wouldn't an elite party test his skill and know the the interest is compound early on? It makes no sense. The whole story is just dumb. The cliched writing, the unearned victory, the complete disregard for pacing. There's just no point in wasting time on something so half-baked when there are so many manga out there. Throw this trash in the garbage can where it belongs.

Double-page supporter
After a few chapters I've decided not to read this. The author doesn't even seem to understand the mechanics of the character they've created.

Let me clarify. The main character is a predatory banker/loan shark. That's his power. He should be a villain, but instead he's introduced as this poor guy who's being taken advantage of and is just so aggrieved by this elite party which is prepared to toss him out. This is a tired cliche which makes no sense.

How is he falling behind if he can get skill points just from his teammates returning the skills? Why wouldn't an elite party test his skill and know the the interest is compound early on? It makes no sense. The whole story is just dumb. The cliched writing, the unearned victory, the complete disregard for pacing. There's just no point in wasting time on something so half-baked when there are so many manga out there. Throw this trash in the garbage can where it belongs.
All of this. If anything, the MC would make more sense if he didn't truly understand his powers and learned of the skill point interest only after getting the skills returned for the first time.

The way this is setup, the story should really be revenge based like Redo of Healer.

And the translation is BAAAAAAADDDDDDD. Man the translators are trash. 4/10

Dex-chan lover
All of this. If anything, the MC would make more sense if he didn't truly understand his powers and learned of the skill point interest only after getting the skills returned for the first time.

The way this is setup, the story should really be revenge based like Redo of Healer.

And the translation is BAAAAAAADDDDDDD. Man the translators are trash. 4/10
Nobody else bothered to understand how his skill worked either. He can lend out points for a skill, and then people can gain enough points to get said skill themselves. If anything, the lender's greatest use is to skip the (presumably) difficult learning process altogether, like happened with the wolf girl. The fact that people get skills, then just keep indefinite contracts is practically begging to end up some kind of cripple after finishing whatever mission they had.

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, another protagonist who can effectively take the skills of another. Haven't seen that one anywhere before. Pretty garbage writing with cookie cutter characters and quite frankly absurd plot development, as if it was written by an AI or 12 year old who read a couple of isekai revenge stories and decided to go. "Dramatic" moments (which you can tell are meant to be dramatic due to the panelling) are often coupled with quite frankly disappointing poses and with horrendously generic build up. Dialogue can be skipped since nothing they say deviates much from what you could guess.

Dex-chan lover
Oh christ I didn't even mention how he's essentially just a loan shark. Like, the fucking title. 10% per 10 days? Are you fucking shitting me? The "ability" itself points towards the protagonist being absolute scum. The face off against Altria or whatever the generic badguy's name was meant to be was meant to delive poetic justice, a sense of catharsis; instead, if you think about it, you'd realise that "huh, the antagonist's got a point here. He did all the heavy lifting, and now whatever rewards he's reaped with assistance are now entirely the banks. Isn't that fucked up?" And yes, it is. Disgusting manga churned out to gain money, may God bestow this mangaka naught but salt for their meals.

Dex-chan lover
Oh christ I didn't even mention how he's essentially just a loan shark. Like, the fucking title. 10% per 10 days? Are you fucking shitting me? The "ability" itself points towards the protagonist being absolute scum. The face off against Altria or whatever the generic badguy's name was meant to be was meant to delive poetic justice, a sense of catharsis; instead, if you think about it, you'd realise that "huh, the antagonist's got a point here. He did all the heavy lifting, and now whatever rewards he's reaped with assistance are now entirely the banks. Isn't that fucked up?" And yes, it is. Disgusting manga churned out to gain money, may God bestow this mangaka naught but salt for their meals.
They don't need to keep up indefinite contracts. Much like real loans, you're only supposed to take them out as a means to quickly acquire capital for some investment. And just like real loans, they get to keep whatever they paid for if they pay off the debt. The thing to do is borrow a skill or two, then level them immediately before the contract is up. You pay back the loan, and you keep the skills.

Putting everything on credit is, in the real world, and this one, a terrible idea, no matter how you slice it

P.S.: Did some quick maths, and they've basically got almost six full months to pay it back before the costs scale more than linearly. For the first three months, they've basically got to do an extra week's worth of grinding if they couldn't get it done in the initial ten days. Then the next three months sees the loan amount nearly double as the term itself doubles.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Quick summary:
Cliche, quite boring, no impact, the pacings wack, no substance, things portrayed as big never really change anything, and just bad writing overall.
Pros:Booba (kinda weak Booba tho, so no dice)

Dex-chan lover
The hero's party is painted as unambiguous douchbags. The protagonist is painted as a sympathetic victim. The protagonist also is the sole reason the party has gained success, and this is obvious to anyone in the audience with half a brain. Hmm, where have we heard this plot before? No idea, what a novel and original concept!

Everyone—but the protagonist and waifu harem—is retarded and can't understand basic cause and effect until it's too late or not at all: except for the reality that everyone is actually retarded, including the protagonist with all his literal infinite wisdom and skills could not anticipate the consequences of his actions. Anyone who's not a midwit will notice the protagonist is also a terrible person, e.g. 'uhm ackchually it's compound interest betcha didn't know that huh! so guess what you're in perma debt now lol!' Can't forget torturing a guy over a girl you just met. You're not supposed to notice this because you should be feeling sympathetic and root for him, it's all "justified".

Oh, and big numbers! Because he can't be a relatable protagonist without them! All that's missing is a cut and paste exposition prologue chapter telling you it's an isekai, because chapter 2 is just explaining how cool he is for killing this throwaway god-like enemy with his exponentially plotted powerlevel. This is all in the first few chapters too.

Just keep ticking those boxes. Dipshit party kicks him out? Check. Supermegahax OP protag? Check. Simple problems to "bite" him later? Check. Waifu? Check. Another waifu but she's an animal girl, who's discriminated against AND TREATED LIKE A SLAVE!? Check. Villains are loud obnoxious idiots? Check. No stakes? Check. Terrible writing? Check.

There's worse manga, easily. And there's loads of better ones, even if you're just in it for waifu bait. That's not saying much when this one has no redeeming qualities. Read this if you're just starting out reading manga, or have literally nothing else to read.

This clearly has some CONS and, in my opinion, just enough PROS to keep reading it while keeping my expectation to a minimum. I would give this a 6/10.

It's as much Cliche-land as it can get and doesn't get any better later for those who wonder.

Especially when the werewolf chief pull out a Katana out of his ass sprouting shit about how it was made by the ancestor of a dwarf who lived in the village when the village is supposed to be a werewolf-only secret town hidden in the mountain with a rule tha involve not creating any smoke, hence imagine a dwarf living in that kind of place. It's kinda ironic how it's always some dwarf that craft a katana in these stories because a Katana is the complete opposite of what Dwarf seek in the weapons they craft. If a dwarf was to see a katana, his reaction would most likely be like "Bah! That's a long ear's weapon!"

Users who are viewing this thread