Skip and Loafer - Vol. 10 Ch. 58 - Blazing Future

Dex-chan lover
Man, that type of environment Kazakami is in can be so suffocating. No room to express yourself or stretch your wings at all, constantly feeling the pressure imposed on you by the will of others.

Seeing Kazakami's experience in this more direct light also recemented my opinion that this is by far the best written highschool manga. Each and every character is going through their own challenges. Everyone of them can look at the exterior of another and imagine some perfect life, while inside they're all struggling in their own way. There are no true villains, just different family situations and expectations. All of them change and grow slowly but surely, adapt and evolve. Really excited to see what's next.

Dex-chan lover
This is yet another reason why Skip is head and shoulders above of other mango in its genre.
Every character is realistically grounded and going through something, archetypes that would be one note plot devices have a solid explanation to what makes them tick.
Its a cast of deeply flawed characters that are all castles of cards just waiting for one poof to completely topple them over.
More over none of them are bad or antagonistic for this, they are just human.
Also Shima is JUST trying so hard to fooling himself its painful ,if cute, to watch.
MnbXCoX.png

Dex-chan lover
Meh I don't care about this dude. Pretty common trope. I know it'll resolve in a unique way that ties in well with the rest so I'll have patience

Dex-chan lover
i like that we get some focus and expansion on this character, cause he was just sort of a foil for Tokiko in her arcs. his characterization makes sense, but i hope his parents aren't wholly written off as villains and we get some depth there too.

Users who are viewing this thread