Skip and Loafer - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Blistering Hot Zoo

Dex-chan lover
This manga stirs my worst otaku instincts...

Egashira doesn't learn. She should be ashamed of herself.
The transgender woman disguising as a man, oh the irony. I wonder if her and Egashira will become friends?

The innocent Mitsumi would’ve never thought the keychain was made for couple.

Dex-chan lover
@BCS I've actually been to that lake (ueno area in Tokyo). I guess they are lotus leaves that go really high above the surface. Here's a pic off the internet that captures it pretty well: https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2249/2346311123_16d10cc1c2_b.jpg

As for this chapter i was really looking forward to when it would go public. I was lucky enough to read it last week (since the TL releases it in advance to those who buy the volumes) and thought it was really sweet, just how much mitsumi can deeply affect shima with her simple kindness and thoughtfulness. And also the more prominent screen time of Nao. It's a great chapter that keeps fleshing out the main two characters but also does justice to the supporting one's as well. The next chapter is definitely more complex but has some great memorable scenes as well!!

This manga is healing my messed up soul.
Sometimes i foreshadows some possibly nasty things but so far it always got solved pretty smoothly without anything bad happening

Fed-Kun's army
@livesofflight

Hey, it's great you're re-reading on MD too. You may notice some corrections and revisions. MD delay lets me review things after I've done the preliminary translation and really try to get the message across. The biggest revision was when Mitsumi called Nao a professional. I knew what she meant, but the first translation didn't really carry the message through. So I thought about it some more and I'm much happier with the revised translation.

For others who may be curious, the first translation said: "Sorry, I don't mean to listen to a pro's opinion so lightly." It was very literal but also didn't make a lot of sense. Also what Nao said in reply "Oh my goodness, so that's what you think of me" didn't really carry the message because that depended on the first translation and that didn't make sense. I knew that what Mitsumi was saying that she feels bad she's literally asking a Michelin chef to make a PB&J sandwich (ie. asking a professional stylist to coordinate a plain high school girl's clothes for a zoo outing), and Nao was flattered that she was being evaluated so highly. The trap you fall into sometimes in translating is that you get stuck to some of the words and they get in the way of smoothness, because while the words may translate over exactly, the meanings sometimes do not. Without the early release and the time it gives me to think and revise, it may ever have gotten fixed.

Yay, thank you for the update! This was a cute chapter. And the small bits of revelations from different characters make it exciting to learn more about them. They have a lot of depth. Love Mitsumi lots, her sincerity and positivity is so healing 😊😊😊

Mnx

Aww they're all such a cutiesss ! I wanna go to the zoo after lockdown and eat shaved ice as well hahaha!

Aggregator gang
Wow this manga is normally already really good but this chapter was extra nicely good.

I liked her first outfit, does that make me an anti-fashionista?

Thanks for the chapter! Like many others I find this series very enjoyable and soothing. Mitsumi has such a sweet and refreshing personality, and the other characters are all well characterized.

I'm really fond of this series. Kinda remind me of Machida-kun no sekai. It's really wholesome!

Users who are viewing this thread