Skip Beat! - Vol. 47 Ch. 289 - Route Kingdom

Do you think that they'll get a ghost writer or drawer to help finish with the story? Or even keep it going?

This series is awesome but the story needs so to lay so much foundation and give foreshadowing that it's hard to enjoy the moments when it's in the "present". I wonder how the licensing and pay structure is that the author had been given enough leeway to go month-to-month but doesn't have enough money to get more assistants. Maybe there's a problem with people leaking the story if they have too many people? But it feels like she needs a bigger team to be able to construct the type of tale that she wants.

Her stories are awesome I just wish that they'd pair her with an artist with more stamina that could catch her drift and drop hints and signs according to the story.

What's fun about manga is that the creator can drop hints and details more subtly than a writer can. The artwork can give foreshadowing in a way that isn't as obvious without using as many words.

Aaaand I've caught up. Wow. That was. Not much, considering I only dropped midway in the Heel Siblings arc and accidentally read some of the Momiji arc before quickly backtracking after not reading the Saena arc skldfjlskdfj

I think this series is definitely not going to end 'soon.' Maybe 5 more years? Somewhere in the 350s to wrap up the Momiji arc and the Kuon arc at the very least. I'm not sure if the Sho-Kyoko relationship has really repaired enough to be counted as 'finished' though, even with the Saena arc. They're antagonistic with each other and not all about hatred but- they haven't really had a talk? There's also that Beagle guy that I feel is somewhat important enough to come back to. Kyoko wants to become a first class actress, and while Ren has had 5 years to grow and finally step onto the world stage against Prince Cedric and resolve his issues with his family, for Kyouko, it's been... timeline-wise in the manga... barely over a year since she's had her acting debut? She's had a few roles but not enough to step up to become a first-rate actress in Japan, let alone the world stage. With all this, there may be another 50 chapters to at least have her 'beat' Sho by having a main character role, so.... uh, maybe 10 more years?

Not to mention at least two or three chapters of epilogue where these two doofuses get together and actually try having a functional, romantic relationship. That's at least three months LOL

I do miss the OG white-highlights in the black hair though, in the art. i hope this isn't a sign Nakamura-sensei is dropping her manga. We've finally gotten to this point, and I really don't want the art to drop in quality... (It's already an old art style compared to what's being drawn these days.) She's a great storyteller but if she's faltering with monthly releases, I'm doubtful this story will ever be wrapped up. I know some manga artists just end up writing the story into Light Novels but- this sort of story needs drawings, I feel. The flamboyancy of the President, the subtle foreshadowing with Ren's watch and necklace, the drastic transformations that Kyoko undergoes when she creates new souls for her roles-

I will continue to wait and read, but... I'm feeling a bit wary now. 😷

Users who are viewing this thread