Sleepy Barmaid - Vol. 4 Ch. 28 - Last Word

Dex-chan lover
I'm confused, they want to show us another "she's getting married, so she has to quit her career" or something like that?

Dex-chan lover
Well at this point Yuki is an expert at drama control so not much suspense.

@superOniichan It look less like getting married so she has to quit work and more like shes not doing well at work so they are forcing her to get married so she can be "safe and secure."

Dex-chan lover
@Superoniichan exactly, her sisters talk with Yuki really gave me the impression that she thinks of bartending as a poor carrier choice. She gives off the vibe that she is here to "correct" her sister's life choices.

Dex-chan lover
@No1Kenkaku I don’t know how good a bartending career is for maintaining the free life of a single young girl, but if such things are close to Japanese reality, then it will no longer surprise me why some Japanese celebrities urge girls not to marry.

Aggregator gang
Hold on now, "I'm here to see my sister" is not the same as "I'm here to abduct my sister and force her to marry".

I'm just sayin'.

Dex-chan lover
It always baffles me how people can say 'this is a vicious profession' and not follow it up with 'and that means we need to make it less so'

Aggregator gang
Never been a fan of flair bartending. I just want my drink without the flair.

Dex-chan lover
Why do I have the feeling it's one of those "If you don't do well by (X date) with (Bartending) then you have to come home" situations? If that's the case, it would make sense for Hiyoko's missed catches since it would be preoccupying her mind.

FYI, because Chatreuse is one of my dream drinks and one of a very few legendary drinks in the world:

- The three monks of the Monastère de la Grande Chartreuse do not know the recipe, but only 2/3rds of it. If one of the monks dies, the two others can still recreate it. However there is not one person in the world that knows the full recipe.
- Chartreuse is 55°C, which is pretty strong even for a liquor.
- During France's fairly violent history the monks have been expulsed more than once, and production happened for over a hundreds years in Tarragona, Spain. Tarragona still considers Chartreuse to be one of their home drinks, but the Order of Chartreux monks have returned to the Massif de la Grande Chartreuse, in the French Alps.
- Chartreuse is an exceptional alcohol for many reasons, but one of the most important ones is that it apparently does not "go old". Wine and other aging alcohols see their taste rise then fall (or rather, go bad). Chartreuse is legendary because despite being made of a very large amount of herbs (estimated around 130), it is always getting better. A 100 year old bottle of Chartreuse will have more taste than a 90 year old one, and one that has gone bad is apparently unfindable. You can hold on to this drink as a family legacy and pass it to your great-grandson and still have the thing be not only drinkable, but actually good.
- There's quite a few side versions, including an Elixir (yes, its actual name is Elixir végétal de la Chartreuse) that used to be 71° but the stupid EU forced them to lower it to 69°.
- The bottles are essentially the main revenue of the Order of the Chartreuse. So if you buy one, you're funding the monks' life. And you get an incredible drink.

There, it's one of my most adored bottles so I had to nerd out entirely for this one. Also the bottle is sold in Amurka, Nick Drinks did a video on it awhile back.

Contributor
"If you can no longer dance, then lie in your grave."

I had to double-check to make sure I was still reading a manga about bartending.

Just read everything over the last day and this really leaves a warm spot for me. Thanks for all of the work. Happy New Year and stay safe.

Users who are viewing this thread