Sleepy Fox Scans

Aggregator gang
@sleepyfoxscanlations
FIND ME MORE THEN! *goes berserk without fluff dose*
On a more appreciative note, I've enjoyed reading all your notes at the end of every chapter. With usual scanlation credits/notes that I tend to ignore yours are an welcome slice of information and I enjoy reading about your love of fluff and vanilla which you perspire though them.
Cheers!

Group Leader
@RoPoem Haha, I know that feeling, I'm always on the lookout for more fluff myself. And it's always nice to hear that someone likes reading the credit page too.

Fed-Kun's army
Hi what Light novels are you going to translate?

Takarakuji de 40 Oku Atattanda kedo Isekai ni Ijuusuru
Was being translated but they stopped for some reason back last year and I haven't found anyone doing the official English versions just on the off chance you might consider doing that one occasionally it was just getting good.

Group Leader
@Cyreader Hey there. As listed on my site, "Ore to Kanojo no Koi wo Chounouryoku ga Jamashiteru." is the first LN that I'm planning to translate.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I already have a couple of other short series that I'm planning on. I don't think I could fit another LN project into the timeline anytime soon, sorry.

Fed-Kun's army
All good if you never ask you never know.
Good luck on it all and thanks for your work :)

Hey, I am sure someone has asked you this before and I am sorry for being too lazy to scroll. But how do you buy Japanese Kindle books? Your post chapter paragraphs have made me really want to look into buying official works from Japan for myself. I was wondering if you need to use an app to change your VPN to be in Japan and do you need to change your currency to yen? Thanks for all your hard work. It is very amazing you can do all that perfect scanlation all by yourself (I have seen teams that put out way lower quality stuff - not trying to be mean, but make a point at how good you are).

Group Leader
@Spotspot01 Sorry for the late reply, a combination of work, procrastination, and mild sickness kinda kept me from logging onto MangaDex or working on translation/scanlation for the past couple weeks.

As far as buying Japanese Kindle books, you do not need to use a VPN or change your currency. Just register a new account on https://www.amazon.co.jp/. It's best to use an email that's different from the one you use for your domestic Amazon account if you have one. It'll work if you use the same email but Kindle might get confused when you log into it (e.g. showing you the wrong account). If you do prefer to use your same email, just make sure the password is different from your other Amazon account, and it'll be fine 99% of the time, I think.

Here's a guide that pretty much covers the entire process. It's a few years old, but I don't think much has changed and it should still be accurate. Basically you'll be getting an address from a forwarding service and using that as your address for your account. Since your purchases will all be digital, you won't need to worry about anything being shipped there. Of course, use your proper billing address when adding credit/debit cards.

In regard to credit cards and currency, since it's Amazon, they take almost any card from most countries. At the very least, all of my US cards work. You shouldn't have to change your currency yourself, your card company should do that for you. They'll tack on a small fee (usually called a foreign transaction or currency conversion fee) for doing so, usually 1-3%. I should also note that since it's a foreign purchase, your card company might flag it as identity theft or something and deny the purchase, in which case you'll have to call them to straighten it out.

By the way, the poster of the guide I linked to above has a note at the bottom saying they were cut off after a certain number of purchases. This led me to check my own number of purchases, and I'm at about a thousand on Kindle, so I'm not sure if I'm lucky or the poster was unlucky or the limit is pretty high or what. I make virtually all my purchases through the Kindle app on my android phone, but I don't think that should matter since I don't use a VPN on my phone either. Anyway, just something for you to consider.

This became a rather long reply, hope you can be bothered to read it all xD. And thanks for the compliment on my scanlations!

Hello sleepy fox,

I write this comment to thank you for your hard work for all these manga which you translate. I really like your taste in manga. I hope you would be able to continue your hard work :)

We appreciate your work 😍😍

mus

I've been enjoying your works especially on kono kaisha ni suki na hito ga imasu.

Thank you so very much for replying to my comment. I am so sorry to hear you were sick, I hope you are feeling better. I did try it once with my other email and I think I got it locked out for that reason. I will try again in the future with a different email address. Thanks, again and keep up the great work!!

Hey, are you okay? It's been a while since your last update, just wanting to know if nothing bad happened with you

Group Leader
@Vertiplano @Starbright You guys have probably noticed by now, but I'm back. Sorry for making you worry! I'm focusing on restarting KaiSuki right now, but my next priorities are Fukami and finishing out those Saeki side chapters, I think.

Group Leader
@Kggg Well it's definitely low on my priority list. I'm low-key looking for some help on the cleaning and redraws on it— even the typesetting probably. Maybe someone from Ace Scans will give it a go, but I'm not really sure.

Users who are viewing this thread