Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle

Group Leader
@tettra I think the snipe was pretty justified considering we were over 50 chapters behind and Kirei was at times uploading slower than new raws were being released.

Dex-chan lover
@GalladeGuy, well, scanlator dont have deadline like magazine does, so it will depend on their free time. Still, kirei release about 1 chapter every 1-2 week. Still a decent pace compared to other scanlator, imo.

Anon should discuss with Kirei first if s/he want to boost translation so they can work together or split the translation. And Kirei should not re release translation. Should just give this to anon, or wait till anon stop translating and continue from there. TLDR, there's no coordination between anon and Kirei, that we know of, causing this ugly condition.

Group Leader
@tettra Clearly they have the free time, since they're now magically able to translate several chapters a day as soon as they got sniped. The same thing happens all the time with other big groups, where they'll translate at a slow pace, suddenly go faster as soon as they get sniped, and then go back to a slow pace as soon as the sniper stops uploading. There's no reason why Anon should have to work with Kirei, since he's already able to release good translations on his own at a fast pace. No clue why Kirei is still trying to keep up when they're so far behind.

Dex-chan lover
@GalladeGuy
magically able to translate several chapters a day as soon as they got sniped

Or they already have translated chapters far beyond current chapters but choose to slowly release for 'some reason'....

It's hilarious seeing what's going on. I don't like Kirei, but this anon is clearly translating from the Chinese version which is riddled with translation errors and you guys are swallowing it down like it's gospel. What a sad sight to see. Ask literally anyone who has some knowledge of Japanese to check the raws and verify it. You'll see what I mean. Do yourself a favour and just wait for the better quality release.

@Say Why don't you just stop? Giving subpar 5/10 translations to the public is not benefiting anyone. If you want chapters out sooner, you could volunteer to help Kirei. You get your chapters sooner, and the overall quality improves. Everyone is happy.

Dex-chan lover
Reminder that it's not "sniping" when it's been over a year since the raw for the "sniped" chapter came out.
@stormflora
I'm not actually reading the anon chapters. I'm just glad they've lit a fire under KC's ass.

Group Leader
@stormflora I'd rather have imperfect translations that come out multiple times a day than wait 2 weeks for a single release in a series that was already over 50 chapters behind. If I can read and understand what's going on, then I don't care if there's some nuance that got lost in translation. It's not like Kirei is perfect either. Anon also doesn't beg people for donations in every chapter, so that's nice.

Say

Group Leader
@stormflora then wait for Kirei cake, their quality is undoubtedly higher than what we put out. The whole purpose of releasing so much is to literally wake up kirei cake, and they woke up no doubt. There is no reason to be so upset about someone else releasing.

Dex-chan lover
@anon763
He needs the donations. It takes a lot of embalming fluids to keep his mom's corpse preserved for all these years.

Bruh, this comment gave me a chuckle for a good minute. Thanks.

Double-page supporter
@Say
Do not mind them. You are doing a nice job. Thanks for all these releases. I look forward to more from you.

Double-page supporter
Ah, so this is why the series has been updating so frequently. Man, I wish scanlators would work together like adults, instead of "encouraging" each other to upload more quickly with petty, dramatic snipe wars/assassinations.

Double-page supporter
@Say if your priority truly was to "wake up" the original scanlation team, as you claim - and in doing so, make sure releases become more frequent for this series - then you would've offered to work together with Kirei Cake. It seems to me all you're looking to do is stir up a bit if drama. There are better ways to encourage more upload frequency, and sniping a series that has been steadily released by one group for a long time is a show of poor character.

If you continue uploading your own, lower-quality releases, you're admitting that you aren't here to help this series get regular releases - you're just taking advantage of the situation you created to cause drama and get cheap attention.

Double-page supporter
I'm not interested in discussing this, so this will be my final word. Yes, it is piracy. Yes, scanlation teams and scanlators do not own the series they translate. Yes, it is still bad form to snipe a series that is steadily uploaded by one group, especially when the work of the sniper is so much lower-quality than the group. "Lighting a fire under their ass" is a poor excuse, as good-quality scanlation (clearly) takes time. That's all.

Contributor
@evergreen_oak
Ah, so this is why the series has been updating so frequently. Man, I wish scanlators would work together like adults, instead of "encouraging" each other to upload more quickly with petty, dramatic snipe wars/assassinations.
Wind blows. Rain falls. Such it's the way of life in scanlation, it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread