Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle

Man this is such a comfy series, I'm glad it got officially licensed so it can gain more exposure. I like how it deconstructs the typical "princess is rescued from captivity by the hero trope", to a more competent princess who just strolls around and does whatever to the point where she isn't even really a captive anymore and the story is simply comedic fun times. V8 has a nice cover btw.

Dex-chan lover
... I think the Priest is the secret Boss, you know stronger than the final one and with his own rad theme song :p

Contributor
Wrote a review on this, here it is:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2017/05/16/maou-jou-de-oyasumi/

Boy, do most descriptions of this manga neglect how horrifying the Princess is. Fun, incredible series. Even better since roughly volume 6, where the Princess's good qualities become even gooder, and the recurring cast has more importance.

Contributor
Bought the 1st volume today (with Black general-san).

Toally worth it.

Wish this would get updated more often then it currently does. Such a unique manga.

Dex-chan lover
I can easily imagine that the demons would cry when she finally going back home (if it ever going to happen)

Dex-chan lover
probably this is the inspiration for the v8 cover:
tumblr_inline_on4yt2qAow1s4672p_540.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Does anyone have any idea what the demons' ultimate goal is? They kidnapped Suyaris and send ever more powerful members of their army to obstruct the Hero, but they also keep making/acquiring items that are helpful to the Hero and put them in his path to the Demon King Castle, as well as make sure he doesn't stray from said path.

I just started reading this manga, but I noticed that it's been a while since the last chapter was uploaded. Was the series dropped or is it just published slower than before?

Dex-chan lover
Incredible how this manages to stay fresh even after so many chapters.

Dex-chan lover
After reread the whole story now I wonder why the demon king is very strict and guiding the hero's journey quite closely?? It's like he kidnapped the princess not for trading the world but for some kind of RPG development....

Dex-chan lover
@MarqFJA87 I think a lot of that is just a reference to RPGs. There's always necessary items just lying around the maps, sometimes with no explanation why they were conveniently along the way.

Dex-chan lover
Come to think of it, I'd play the he'll out of this as a video game. Think of all the gameplay elements you could pull from here, and how fun the setting is.

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro: I know they're all references to RPG elements, but it seems implied that they're not doing it just for that. The Demon King even gets questioned by one or more underlings on some occasions over his commands. And there's that one time the Demon King actually explained to Suyaris a bit about the demons' collective backstory; long story short, they were oppressed in the underworld and want to throw off the yoke of humankind and the other peoples of the surface world, yet have no intention of conquering/exterminating said peoples, they just want to live in freedom and peace (which apparently is impossible for them unless they act all threatening and scary, with the pricness' kidnapping being supposedly part and parcel of that).

Dex-chan lover
@MarqFJA87 well another thing that comes to mind is early on in the series, they mentioned the demon king enjoys "flags." Perhaps a large part of it for him is having things play out a certain way, to make things more interesting and dramatic.

Users who are viewing this thread