Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle

Contributor
I'm amazed how the atuhor is actually able to fill 15+ volumes of the same redundant sleeping clichè and not trying to move the non-existent plot... 🤣

Group Leader
despite the shitty summary, this is actually really funny lmaoo

So from cute princess trying to get to sleep to a deeply perceptive princess who is slowly becoming the shadow power within the demon castle. Seems legit.

For those that want to know chapter 64 is the last episode {currently episode 9}

Sadly they cut many chapters in the anime, which is kinda sad. since its a combination of a Gag-anime/manga with fantasy aesthetics

if you say you did not laugh even once when reading all of this, stop lying.

i love how there's a monster girl tag tho
i compliment mangadex for that

@darknessblade

Exactly and those 50% contents consist of steady character growth and relationship development; in the anime, they made Suya warm up too easily to the demons and her brutality is less terrifying, thus making the progression of the story feel more flat and lacking.

I hope they get back to the older chapters and focus more on other aspects the manga has if they plan a season 2 for this series.

I really starting to not like the anime
Demon monk crush on princess seems to be getting skipped .
despite it being an important and the longest arc and it also have the best character development for princess and
demon monk Leo kun

@Dragoono I left the exact same after seeing today's episode air! I feel they're really just trying to stick to the "everything is always for the purpose of a better sleep gag," and not enough on character development and
Leo's feelings for Suya

Aggregator gang
i think the best ending for maoujou is that suya get back to human world, then propose peace with demon world, as for proof of peace diplomacy, she will propose to the king to make her an ambassador of human world in the demon world, thus she can sleep in demon king castle eternally... not forget to annul the engagement with the hero...

actually, i didn't think the author could keep up for long with this story... and really, 16 volume and more than 200 chapter??
i give 9 out of 10, this manga can't get me bored

@Dragoono @Nyanmeep Not only that, but they pretty much reduced his importance in the anime aka even the family picture of him being with Kai and Twilight was touched.

Even the mangaka was not pleased with the result: https://mobile.twitter.com/kuma_pomu/status/1338427060386066437

Group Leader
@Mellize from the perspective of person who watched the anime first I feel like it is supposed to be lighter and easy-going while manga is more focused on the overall development of the story. I wouldn't say anime is bad, it's just different, suiting of Doga Kobo style.

@Dragoono @Nyanmeep @Mellize As a manga reader, I also disappointed about some character interaction chapters aren't able to put inside the anime due to cut out(which is why I kinda wish for 24 episode, not 12). Although, I admit that some of the episode actually blend in the anime so well
such as switching some early chapter up to introducing Demon Monk faster
I also think the anime actually plan
out well when will they end the episode well.
As the main cause of Volume 7 main arc is because of princess's Santa present's wish and last ep air on the week that has Christmas day

Also, author actually tweet out more about the anime.
The real Pajama Party is actually animated, so Demon Monk crushing on princess will be reveal on the next week/last anime ep for sure!,
Also, early tweet of official JP Sleepy Princess Anime twitter acc, they RT an article of interviewing with CV/VA of each important character anime. On the Demon Monk VA article, one of the question is related to how Demon Monk feeling turn into a more complicate feeling later in the anime, so it actually quite an early hint for manga reader

Users who are viewing this thread