Slime Saint - Ch. 12 - Visiting an Orphanage Together

Dex-chan lover
Time for misunderstanding arc where they thought Jelly did something to the kid.

Just kidding I don't know what the future chapter is.

Dex-chan lover
I expect them to try and fail with healing powers, and instead slime powers will be the solution, and all praise jelly-sama :win:

Dex-chan lover
Y'all think it's poison while I at first thought that he just fell over while running... How pure my head is...
only one kid had a bad effect so if it's not an allergy or choking, i don't think they'd risk poisoning a whole batch of cookies versus tea but prolly just an opportunity for Slime-chan to 'awaken' powers and either convince the shortie saint to be on her side or have an inferiority complex grow even more lol

Dex-chan lover
If it is only one kid then it is more likely to be allergy than poison.

Also her weird faces never fail to amuse me. :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
That's my beef with the poison theory. It's just way too sloppy.
I'd rather it just be choking/an allergy than a 'scheme' but i wouldn't be surprised if there were some ppl who'd target/resent saints or so for rich/corrupted nobles to get rid of the 'unsightly' orphans/slums/etc

If not all the nuns "accusing" jelly for killing Celes (can saints self-heal? lol) so she'd finally face some consequences bc other than saints not being able to hurt each other, i imagine some ppl would 'look the other way' with OG jelly being cruel against commoners but hurting an actual saint would prolly be taboo to where she would actually face consequences since Celes was originally suspicious of her 'changing' but not being afraid that she'd be hurt herself

Dex-chan lover
If it's even remotely realistic that's unlikely. This high frequency of allergies is a modern problem.

Why this is happening isn't known but kids more exposed to the outside or in rural areas they suffer from far less allergies.
One theory is that improved hygiene is to blame, as children are not getting as many infections.
Parasitic infections, in particular, are normally fought by the same mechanisms involved in tackling allergies. With fewer parasites to fight, the immune system turns against things that should be harmless.
Even so, it's a modern-day author, and to us, allergies have been a fact of life as long as we can remember, and has often been used in stories, including medieval fantasy. So I'd say that it has a good chance of taking place in a story like this.

Dex-chan lover
Author needs to be careful about overusing her slime-face, lest it start to wear thin.

With that said, it was mostly used to good effect this chapter. She seems to have a grasped the concept of minihumans pretty well :02:

I'll be honest, it's my favorite part of the saint. Tho I definitely like it more when she uses it in otherwise highly intense moments.

Aggregator gang
...guys, the kid gave an acorn saying it was his favorite snack. Acorns are toxic unless you boil the heck out of them due to all the tannins

Kid's probably an orphan squirrel posing as a human, hence the predilection with acorns.

With that said, he seems awfully young to have such bad heartburn...

This got me thinking

- Must (serious) nuns refrain being mischievous and fun?

- Can saints have romantic relationship?

I'm jumping hoops because those two are so adorable I want to delude myself in a scene where Celestria pouts not only due to the pats but also impatience waiting for the slime to go beyond survival goals and understand love

Dex-chan lover
IMG_20240523_151441.jpg

Truly a little brat ❤️
Aw damn, another image broken! When will people learn that Discord is a bad way to upload images. :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
Can saints have romantic relationship?
I haven't seen a single fantasy saint/nun/priestess that would specifically live by the vow of celibacy or other vows, whereas the exact opposite is very common. Japanese authors clearly don't know much about Catholic clergy they take inspiration from, and most likely don't care anyway.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, so it is. What's the next best option for someone maximally lazy?
Wouldn't know unfortunately, before I would have said imgur but nowadays they are both slow on the upload and sometimes like to remove images for no reason too (though it's rare for me). Someone recently recommended me Flickr so that's what I'm going to try sooner or later.

Dex-chan lover
It wasn't that good after all? :worry:
It would be simpler if it's targeted towards Celes.
Though the fact that it happened right when Jelly finally agree to do an inspection was maybe not a coincidence.
The relationship between Jelly and Celes was bad, so the perpetrator might have counted for Celes to leave once Jelly comes.
Which she almost did, if Jelly didn't stop her.

I'd bet that the poison can't be treated with normal healing, and Jelly would need to extract the poison using her slime power.
I assumed it was a blockage in the intestines because everyone is poor and eating mud cakes to stave off hunger.
And Jelly is going to be forced to use slime power as i doubt healing magic can fix that particular issue.
( at least if its severe enough to cause bloating and stomach pains from hardening inside the intestines. )

Kinda weird to poison a whole Orphanage just for a chance she would eat it, which the old Jelly probably would not.
But poison is a option too i suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread