Slime Saint - Ch. 7 - My Misdeeds Are Not Mine

Dex-chan lover
tbf in most isekais there might as well be, tho idk how many actual game adaptations based on isekais there would be , a huge mmo might be interesting
now, the saint originally can create holly water, but what about smile jelly? She has magic power or miracles?

Group Leader
OG Jelly tried to torture a cute maid to death but she was also funny so it's impossible to say if she was good or bad

Why is that buttler so mad, atleast if she shut her mouth and let him feed her sister the poison and then his siter died, he can be furious

Dex-chan lover
I think for the slime, getting attacked and having to fight for life must have been a regular occurrence in the wild. That's why it doesn't really mind the act. It's like taking the subway to work for the slime, so it won't hold a grudge for it, that's why slime jelly wasn't panicking when she got attacked. Now I'm curious if the OG Jelly even had any healing powers to begin with. Maybe slime jelly will use some slime tech to help Will out in the following chapters and the people around her will actually start to believe that she does indeed have healing powers when in reality she's just a slime.

Dex-chan lover
tenor.gif

Just tell Him the truth that you're a slime and not the real jelly. I'm sure he can keep the secret.

Dex-chan lover
Oh boi imma wait for devil advocates of defending og! Saintess Jelly action because of "Um AcTUAllY iT wAs FrOM hER BaD EXpeRIenCE oF BeINg NeGLEcT aNd AbUSe FrOm hEr FamILY"

BECAUSE WHY FCKING NOT.

Dex-chan lover
She watched him let the maid go free.
Did she? She watched him dig a hole, and so did the gossiping maids. If she really knew, she'd torture the servant for disobedience her and probably recapture the maid, but she "rewarded" him with a trick of her own.
And she was careless enough to hand him poison that could be used against her. I think she wasn't very bright while being sure nobody had the guts to defy her.

Dex-chan lover
Japan oddly seems to think Saint and Hero are RPG Classes instead of titles people recognize one as.

In a culture where traditionally everyone has their 'place' in society, a title bestowed versus some kind of role or job doesn't have much of a distinction.

Also, when Japan was introduced to the idea of "saints", it was wrapped up in the early missionary efforts in Japan. When romanticized in Japanese pop culture, this term is conflated with powerful missionaries spreading influence and faith of a religion while enduring hardships on long crusades or journeys. "Hero" is an offshoot of the idea of holy warriors given mandate by these missionary movements to travel the country to protect believers and to eliminate evil.

But that doesn't mean they really get it wrong. In a lot of fiction, 'saints' might be some kind of role, but often it's a role that the character takes up because they were chosen and given powers by some god or the One God. That is basically in-line with reality. Canonization isn't a bestowment, but a belated recognition that someone was a saint the whole time. This implies that the person in question was always capable of miracles and exhibited great virtue in life and played that role.

It's still freaky how this slime treats her face like some kind of rubber mask.

Oh wait, technically it is.

Did she? She watched him dig a hole, and so did the gossiping maids. If she really knew, she'd torture the servant for disobedience her and probably recapture the maid, but she "rewarded" him with a trick of her own.
And she was careless enough to hand him poison that could be used against her. I think she wasn't very bright while being sure nobody had the guts to defy her.
Reread pages 10-12
She was standing in a window watching him talk to the freed maid

Dex-chan lover
Japan oddly seems to think Saint and Hero are RPG Classes instead of titles people recognize one as.
All messia in history are often the worst kind of human you will ever encounter... Nearly all of them are murderer, rapist, pedophile and basicaly all the shit you can think of...
So i dont see why people find weird that a saint could be a monster.

Aggregator gang
Why is the butler guy hate Jelly so much? In the end of day, she didn't harm him or his sister at all. The condition Jelly makes is terrible but he is the one that said he will do anything and accept that condition. But he didn't finish his end of the deal so there is no reason for Jelly to do anything for him. If she let him kill his sister with the poison then she is really evil but because she told him before hand so it is the same as she refuse to cure his sister.

The butler basically return to the starting point before he ask Jelly for help where the situation neither become better or worse. May be not because he also obtain a powerful poison from Jelly which I consider to be a plus. I don't know how this world work but I think you can sell poison for good money if you find the right buyer so the butler can sell the poison and obtain money to help his sister

Dex-chan lover
Jelly was a piece of shit, but honestly the butler can’t complain in this instance. He made a deal with the devil and tried to trick them.

Dex-chan lover
now, the saint originally can create holly water, but what about smile jelly? She has magic power or miracles?
makes me wonder about the pouty blonde girl on the cover page, i assume she's either some relative or another 'saintess in training'/runner up or something like that or some tsundere that might 'admire' her cruelty or so and also might have a bit of healing/holy power although if she can imitate the blood and recall memories and have the same physical body she could recreate spells assuming the OG person did any 'miracles' to begin with

Dex-chan lover
I know I'm basically just paraphrasing and repeating earlier comments here but...
The bitch works on fae rules. Butler man did this to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread