Slime Saint - Ch. 9 - A Tea Party Invitation

Dex-chan lover
That tea party is going to be literally and metaphorically toxic isn't it?

We need some crossover/AU where she just runs of to join some traveling food truck merchant/adventurer or being a customer in the Restaurant to Another World lol

Dex-chan lover
I can expect a lot of misunderstanding between Jelly and the saints
imagine if she converted them to be foodies but assuming they aren't all 'poor' /not born into nobility i guess it'd take a bit more convincing

Dex-chan lover
I think it just generally applies to religions in fantasy worlds. A normal church is only good for worldbuilding. A corrupt church can come with all kinds of interesting plot hooks.

Dunno, I think this is just due to the author's lack of imagination. Saihate no Paladin shows that you can have a normal and still interesting church, a Machiavellian but good bishop who understands that there are limits that he cannot cross.

Dex-chan lover
Will: Saints also maintain the effect of barriers to keep monsters from entering towns.
Jelly: I can do something similar with my slime abilities.
"Barriers to keep monsters from entering towns." He said to a slime who has taken over the body of a human.
Are the barriers even real?

I think it just generally applies to religions in fantasy worlds. A normal church is only good for worldbuilding. A corrupt church can come with all kinds of interesting plot hooks.
A normal church in a world where holy magic is real, can come with all kinds of interesting plot hooks too. From "friendly" rivalries between senior priests with different interpretations of the doctrine, to crusading for holy artifacts, to needing people who will make sure the church's charitable works go well.
But I guess Japanese authors find it hard to imagine them.

Dex-chan lover
What if Saint powers are different for each Saint and the original Jelly is only doing those cruel things to keep her power?

Imagine if her Slime power IS her Saint power and other Slime people can't actually use their slime powers after possessing a corpse. :finnawoke:

Dex-chan lover
Hi everyone. I'm glad everyone's enjoying the series so far. We ended up leaving a few mistakes in the release but those got fixed already. In this chapter I managed to upgrade the image quality even more. Manga doesn't really get much better than this. We also like this series very much at the group so we'll keep working on this series. Enjoy.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, did this man in the hood have a glowing red ring? :lul:

Good thing the slime can read, amirite?

Dex-chan lover
Saints seem likely to be asshole-nobles. Given how much of a psycho real-Jelly was, slime-Jelly is not going to have a good time with Lady Celestria.

Dex-chan lover
A hooded man revived a bird? Almost as if he injected it with slime. Will killed Lady Jelly in a way that left a pristine body for any kind of reanimation. Sus.
Or maybe he's also a saint assuming all the saints aren't female only, if not another saint in disguise or so because it might be too obviously noticeable if another Saint hated OG Jelly but couldn't use her powers or so if it not working/cancelling it out

Friendship through superior firepower is still friendship
Or her basically accidentally making all the other Saint's servants fear/worship her and go to her side
but i guess it's 50/50 on being intimidated or charmed by her

Hi everyone. I'm glad everyone's enjoying the series so far. We ended up leaving a few mistakes in the release but those got fixed already. In this chapter I managed to upgrade the image quality even more. Manga doesn't really get much better than this. We also like this series very much at the group so we'll keep working on this series. Enjoy.
Thank you for translating this manga! It's a really fun read.

Dex-chan lover
lemme guess, the person who showed will that he can resurrect a dead bird is another slime but a bad one.

Users who are viewing this thread