Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level MAX ni Nattemashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 27 - Azusa vs. Beelzebub (Part 2)

The only real problem with the TL is the grammar. It's not exactly hard to figure out what they're talking about. I've seen far less readable things. I was more trying to figure out if words were spelled wrong on purpose or not. It just doesn't seem like it was proofed very well, assuming it was at all. Could have been a lot worse, such as if everything was translated literal.

Dex-chan lover
> When MC punch Beezelbub thigh.... im like "whooooah there. Just how strong your thicc thigh is"

> I knew it, Author-san has a thing for a thicc thigh. MC, the elf, and beezelbub, all of them,, nice one... thicc....

> When Butsura-san learned the truth about Azusa\'s strength, i bet she will cursed MC for killing millions of slime for exp for 300 years....

The One
Staff
Admin
@anom3139 while being minimal effort is one thing. DO NOT just change the file extension of .webp files to .jpg. That's not how it works. Htere are plenty of browsers that can't load webp files.

Dex-chan lover
People calling us whiners for getting a shitty translation need to stfu. If you're not gonna put in a proper effort to translate, don't fucking do it. Do you know why? Because most of the time, when a chapter has already been translated and posted, the better groups won't touch it most of the time since "the job's already been done," even if the quality is bad. So now chances are, this is what we're fucking stuck with. I rather wait much more time for a better translation than to be stuck with this shit while praying that a better group posts this chapter that's "already been done." Some shitty translators will even "snipe" a series on purpose and post shitty translations, or translations full of spoilers (referring to SSSSS).

Thanks for the translation. Please ignore all the haters. They are not worth your time especially people like @Toon_Jay who are pretty much the toxic people in this community.

To those who read this, please report those toxic people like @Toon_Jay. Thanks

I meant to explain myself as soon as uploading the chapter, but I was restricted from posting comments for 24 hours. Seems like things got out of hand a bit. :(
Seems like a silly restriction to not be able to post on your own chapters. Or it might be good to have a place to write a description from the uploader.

I'm not associated with the translation group. I'm just a random Redittor who got this from https://www.reddit.com/r/min_effort_group/.
Please send all appreciation and feedback to there and to https://www.reddit.com/user/monster_lurker.

It was kinda like a prank to see if I can simply just take the images from there and upload it to here with a throwaway account.
I was surprised how easy it was to do it. This much freedom is nice, but shouldn't there be any kind of security to verify the uploader is actually part of the group and isn't just stealing images from elsewhere?

But I also did that because I really enjoy this series and was getting nervous that it's been a while since the last chapter. The usual translators were getting slow, but there was this new and alternative translation avaliable but not being shared here yet. I wanted to share the joy of reading it to the other fans too. I didn't mind much of the translation quality, I was just glad to read more.

Kinda feeling guilty of this whole thing though. Not sure if I'd keep doing this for the next chapters, I shouldn't be. Hopefully the translator teams would do it themselves so I don't have to! In the meantime, keep an eye out on the new translator's subreddit!

e1x

Translation aside... it's really the image quality that is truly awful, it looks like it was bitcrushed or something.

Group Leader
yep. minimal effort indeed. I can say that because I am the minimal_effort_group
Thanks anom3139 for uploading this. Sorry you took the bullet for me.

it's a one-man show. all of them are done by myself.
learning Japanese, translation, putting words inside the bubble thingy, bad grammar (not intentional. it's even worst at first), font, uploading, etc...

eh... not an excuse I think.

I actually agree with toon_jay.
let's make sure that this group (minimal effort) shitty effort will not get published to mangadex (or any other platform other than r/min_effort_group in reddit) so that some other better groups will pick this up. or even better, let's just wait for the official translation.

in the meantime, I will continue to translate スライム タオシテ  because I love them.
it's the main reason I learn to read Japanese and even making effort to write (bad grammar) English translation for that matter.
you know where to find the next chapter :)

I’m sure a ton of people have commented already about the translation, but if you don’t know kanji, that means you’re fluent in English right? I’ve learned a decent amount of Japanese but always been to afraid to do kanji so I get that.
Instead of just using the tools, I think you should try using your intuition too. Make sure that the English is grammatically correct, using the right tense, etc. and then comparing it to how the characters are translated in the previous chapters, and how you imagine they would sound. In this sense, you can be smarter than any translation program.

Dex-chan lover
@monster_lurker I'm really happy with this comment you just made and I really want to thank you for understanding my comment.

Honestly, I'm glad you're not an asshole. Part of my anger was the fact that this seemed malicious because of the group name "minimal effort". It made it seem like you guys were being snarky and trying to prank us by sniping a chapter and posting a bad translation. As if you guys knew we may be stuck with that. I'm glad I was wrong.

I don't know if you know of the group SSSSS, but stay away from ANYTHING they translate. That group loves adding SPOILERS on the chapters they translate to piss people off (they publicly admitted it). It also wouldn't be a surprise if they also mistranslated stuff on purpose to gaslight readers. But even when a group like that snipes a series, there's very little chance that another group will translate the chapters that are "already done."

Anyways, thanks for your comment. I also want to add that the main thing you're missing is proofreading. If you have trouble with english, I suggest getting a proofreader to help you. It will make a huge difference.

@monster_lurker

Wait, are you serious about what you are saying? You won't be uploading your future chapters here?
Well, that's a fair decision that I won't argue against. But it's just that the Reddit image viewer was SO uncomfortable. :(
(I tried it all, new Reddit/old Reddit/mobile) That was another big motive for me to share your work to a better manga viewer.

Users who are viewing this thread