Slow Motion wo Mou Ichido - Vol. 7 Ch. 63 - Final Chapter: Slow Motion

well that felt somewhat rushed actually, but oh my god FINALLY completed after 3 years of waiting. thanks for the translator who made it possible!

it felt like it got axed in the end and the Mountain bit came out of left field. Good read nonetheless.

aw man, what a sadly thing has Yakushimaru's mom found 😥
excellent manga <3

@MasterPannya
To be fair, I just recently heard in the news about a group of people getting lost in the mountain area in my country, unprepared (not appropiate equipment, not water), for some reason. Not one or two people. 11. They were found, luckily, and they were a group of people... but, you know... *shrugs*.

I mean, at least the father could have told anyone and couldn't have left that as a "secret" because he wanted to give a surprise to his wife. Just saying "I'm going for a hike" could have saved the whole "missing" drama.

I do feel the ending a bit rushed (like, we didn't have more closure about how Ootaki's friends feel about his 80s hobby), and the father bit came out "eh" as a final discovery for the ending, but, knowing that Akiko didn't seem that fully concerned about her husband's own thoughts before he went missing... "eh".

Regardless, the finale was quite enjoyable. The last illustration was quite cute, too.

Dex-chan lover
Overall it was solid enoug for me to like the story, but the ending sure feels like it's rushed.

Dex-chan lover
That father reveal. Figured they were gonna leave it up in the air. A bit clumsy in parts, but it was a nice read these last few years. I would have like a less rushed ending, but, oh well.

Double-page supporter
kind of a rushed ending.... like i wanted to see them graduate and stuffu but it was cute

i dont remember if they kissed in the end

Dex-chan lover
Damn, rushed ending but it was still sweet. An epilogue would've been nice.

Group Leader
@xell17, @LeumasWhite, @Kobester11, @Limaluciola
giphy.gif

Contributor
The second-last page is a reference to the classic Showa teen film "Sailor Suit and Machine Gun."

25-6e74df41f6dbefd2b4bfbdf1441bd0abeec1f08d55da658da65c1b67c6b0d8db.png

7LKrhcM.jpg

Aggregator gang
Bro that's sad as fuck. Anyway, manga was awesome, besides the weirdo literally kidnapping her, it was all pretty nice. Mind you I do ignore a lot of stupid things after all the manga I've read so I'm impartial to many common tropes, such as how this dude met and confessed to her in 16 days.

So the father died because he tried doing something from an old movie.

Let me make something clear. Yes, Yakushimaru has changed. Specifically, she has learned to accept herself for what she is and not dislike herself as much as before. That is actual change.

That does not mean it is GOOD change. Change can be bad. It can also be neutral. Here, it is still undeniable that she does not give a crap about other people and what they currently like and are interested in. It is undeniable that she is still wrapped up in the past. Sure, she now is not ashamed of her own preferences. That is change. However, that does not address ANY of the legitimate concerns and criticisms that the mother had of her.
Why should she be pandering to what other people like? All I see is you complaining about her character and saying her change isn’t good. Why are you still reading? How is her changing into someone who is accepting of herself not a good change? You do realize fashion has always been cyclical, right? Old trends become the current ones and are remixed into newer trends. She literally did that with the fashion show.

Dex-chan lover
Why should she be pandering to what other people like? All I see is you complaining about her character and saying her change isn’t good. Why are you still reading? How is her changing into someone who is accepting of herself not a good change? You do realize fashion has always been cyclical, right? Old trends become the current ones and are remixed into newer trends. She literally did that with the fashion show.
You call it pandering? I call it not being completely self-absorber and selfish.

I haven't read this story in years yet still remember at least the group project, where the classmate made a genuine effort to just do the group project, and she continuously ignored him. Or how about his she slapped the MC AFTER she rejected him? Those are all signs of her being a self-centered person. But apparently, that's all fine. She accepts that's her personality. She accepts her own bad personality.

Why am I still reading? You ask that four years after? Apparently you can't read dates.

And I finished it because I wanted to be shown to be wrong. I wanted the story to be good. I wanted it to be better. It wasn't.

All I see is you complaining about a comment YEARS later.

Users who are viewing this thread