So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 10 Ch. 48.2

Dex-chan lover
@jasty They are all technically tbe same age (not in human years but existence years err months)

To put it simply, spider eggs hatch fast while humans take a few months to be born.

Fed-Kun's army
Just realized they spent a whole chapter explaining this fking vampire.

...did the author just spend more than half of the fucking chapter going over useless information and just repeating the exact same "vampires are powerful" over and over again? Wtf is this shit?

Honestly she has a MASSIVE advantage over her classmates and that is time. She started weak but look at that vamp girl and compare her stats to our kumoko. Like she has such a skill bloat that it takes a full page of low font text to just write em all and the others are like 1 year old.
By the look of this when they grow up she will have such a massive skill lvl advantage its insane.

Dex-chan lover
@Sweet_Seats @Leo80221 Also lightning from Storm and ice from Iceman. I'd guess the breath attack is someone too, but the only mutant I can think of with that is way too obscure for an otherwise obvious reference.

Dex-chan lover
@petekron It's not useless information. These are distinctions that become relevant later.
Also we get to see thought acceleration in action for basically the first time outside of combat. This is also an important point for later.

But you know, given the fact that everything I just said could be reasoned with some modicum of positivity, I think next time I won't stop those like you for ruining your own experience reading this series. It occurs to me that while people who see everything in the worst and most negative way bother me alot, since it's possible they ruin a given media for others....all of you are f***ing leechers anyway. Rip into it, criticize it or even drop it, and influence others along the same path...doesn't matter. Series will still continue on anyway, and the author doesn't have to give a shit about you.

Fed-Kun's army
The power of being born able to move and think almost immediately compared to having to grow up and learn shit. Downside of not immediately learning native tongue and accidentally gaining so many skills a normal human will immediately die just by being observed by you.

Dex-chan lover
@DLRevan
Basically-> chapters dedicated to fights, stagnate plot.
Long list dialogue stagnate plot.
Parallel wills are annoying.

That is how most people who read simple Isekai's think.

@DLRevan the distinction of the skills could have taken less than a full chapter to be explained. And you know is going to be re explained later on. And the story could have gone forward or show what happened to body in charge.

Plus do you really believe the writing is due to the decision of the author rather than the fact that the anime has been delayed to January from October to be clear we would had 10 episodes by now.

There is no need to attack the others that don't like what you like.

Group Leader
So how large is she? I remember she was about the size of a large dog now the perspective makes her look like a chiuawa

I feel that people kinda missed the important info here:

1. we learn that the parallel will have begun diverging

2. someone is watching the vampire

3. (not really a spoiler but laying it all out plainly might be to some)
the vampire's status tells us a lot about reincarnation. you get your original name under the new one, one unique skill, the N%I=W skill (translation, system etc. ) and a lot of skill points. if you remember Kumo had the skills but.....

while the pacing is a bit hurt by the slow release, if you come back and read this arc once it's done it will probably flow better.
I feel like people use 'filler' to refer to anything that isn't action, anyway looking forward to seeing it all play out visually.

Her last evolution makes her smaller but more agile cmiiw

Great chapter
Learning new race, nothing new in rpg world but still very intersting
Looking forward to next chapter..

Dex-chan lover
@parkourse
Ah, so the girl on the cover is a bait.
Yes and no. (big spoilers)
The girls is our kumo-chan "human" form, that is to say it's D. Kumo was always a spider, she was just given the memories of a human of a fake human created in D's image by D so she could slack off in the human world. (If I'm remembering everything correctly. Its been years after all.)

@kuroro86
Plus do you really believe the writing is due to the decision of the author rather than the fact that the anime has been delayed to January from October to be clear we would had 10 episodes by now.
I don't see the connection? This series is based on a novel series and with soon 14 volumes released there's easily enough material for 2 seasons of 24-26 episodes each already. The pacing of the manga has nothing to with that, it's because the actual author acknowledged that a 1:1 manga adaptation couldn't be made due to the slow release format not being compatible with the story's structure (frequent POV changes between characters, intertwined events forming a grand overarching plot,
time jumps and red herrings
, etc.), and so the manga artist was basically given free reign to control how the information would be revealed so long as the overall story was the same. The actual author of this series, Okina Baba, is working on the anime, hence why their designs seem closer to those of the novel and the anime seems to adapt all the parts the manga skipped.
My point is, any issues you may have with the manga pacing has nothing to do with stalling for the anime nor the author, but the mangaka. But I agree the mangaka shouldn't be trying to adapt entire monologues from the books, as it is not a great idea when it takes the entirety of a monthly release compared to the book where you don't have to wait to see what happens next.

Dex-chan lover
disappointing. If this was weekly it wouldn't be so bad, but as it is this feels like a waste of a chapter.
I don't mind exposition, but this was totally unnecessary.

@Glassguy3 Yeah the manga has done a really good job at adapting the LN, I think the real issue is that the lack of the side stories hurts the pacing.
This volume in the LN is fucking amazing, don't read this any further if you haven't read the LN (go read the LN already). The side story helps with the pace and world development of the main story, while Kumo is doing her grinding, the side story is doing world building, and while at this point of the story where it is world building it is the climax of the side story. All leading up to when Kumo becomes an arachine the side story ends right when "White" finally shows up.
The protagonist was the antagonist of the side story. I don't even care if that was cliche.
Also people complaining about the exposition heavy chapter, this is VERY IMPORTANT exposition because it is our introduction to a main character.

Users who are viewing this thread