So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 6 Ch. 29.3

Aggregator gang
smug weeb readers dropping spoilers are worse than anything in the manga

Fed-Kun's army
I still don't know where this is going, and I'm gonna refrain from reading spoilers ?

@Australis
I still don't know where this is going
To nowhere these are characters that we're not going to see again in at least 3 years if the manga still exist.
For now these chapters are just "ah, Kumo will be like that in the future cool", next chapter will be again spidery adventures in the dungeon.

Contributor
If you're confused come join us at the Kumo discord and ask away https://discord.gg/98Yxu8m

Dex-chan lover
@Acolytus
Even if Kumo is present, the fact that she is not doing shit while the chapter focuses on this generic characters makes it just as bad.
Really?
Leading the conference counts as not doing shit?
Just like you, I don't care about the generic char, what I care is how (future) Kumo interact with them, and last chapter deliver them in spades.
There's even enough hint to speculates things that makes Kumo the way she is now.

Now this chapter on the other hand, does jackshit in that regards, but then again, it's only 8 pages.
1 dud chapter with mere 8 pages doesn't mean much in the big picture. I can take it like a big boy.

Dex-chan lover
@miyako19 Who else would use that catchphrase and that thread?
Abyss magic and ability to split mind is just icing on the cake.

Dex-chan lover
... What have I started...

Look LN readers, we get it you like the story and you want other people to like it to and you can't just do nothing when people are frustrated with your story BUT you know something is wrong when you have to spoil the story for us just so you could grab our attention. I'm tired of being called a "whiner" just because we complain that the manga is doing a bad job at explaining to the readers and THEN having LN readers telling us spoilers just to prove us wrong.

Looking back at the chapters they didn't even tell us that the whole roundtable meeting is a future event, from the prospective of the readers we just got introduced to 10 "powerful" people AND THEN proceed to show us a boring ass cliche of [Hot head angry > Loyal guy defend > Obviously powerful shows power > Everyone shudder in fear] TWO CHAPTERS AND I HATE THEM ALREADY.

It's bad enough already that the anime is going to be a CG mess and THATS going to bring in a lot more whiners, the manga if we are sticking with these plebs aren't worth a month of wait, might as well just read the LN at this point because we keep being nagged at for it being the superior version anyway.

To be a "manga reader only" right now sucks. I get that "if you don't want spoilers then don't click on it" but can you really say that when the comments are FILLED WITH SPOILER TAGS!

Dex-chan lover
@Koin
Looking back at the chapters they didn't even tell us that the whole roundtable meeting is a future event,
Well, to be fair, our MC just mentioned a couple chapters back that she aspires to have a humanoid form.
Then we suddenly have someone with the same quirk, but with humanoid form. It's only natural to assume that the scene takes place in the future. It's subtle and respect the reader's intelligence.

It's bad enough already that the anime is going to be a CG mess
What are you talking abou-FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
I get that "if you don't want spoilers then don't click on it" but can you really say that when the comments are FILLED WITH SPOILER TAGS!
Since LN adaptation is the norm nowadays, I wonder whether a separate comment thread dedicated for those that has read the LN would be a decent solution.
And maybe also dedicate those separates thread for the gifted one that can read the raw, for early spoilers hype or for those with slow scans.

Dex-chan lover
I'm actually with manga-only readers on this. You see, these two chapters worked in the WN because we already got tons of side chapters before this, to us this was just another side chapter. A good one actually, because it added some mystery to this character's real identity, and it will serve as the first major plot twist in the WN.

However, the manga already ignored all the other side stories, so I don't know why they didn't just made this manga as linear as possible. It really broke the flow of the manga.

I myself am really happy to see this girl since I read the WN from the start, but I understand the frustration of manga-only readers

Dex-chan lover
@miyako19 nah, it can't be.
there's way too many hint that leads to that conclusion.
and occam's razor also said so.

and if your reason to say otherwise only based on knowledge that doesn't exist yet in the manga, you can kindly go away.

Dex-chan lover
This timeskip is unfortunate. Well it could be enjoyable but with the announcement of the anime actual plot progression in the manga comes to a grinding halt. We instead get 7 page chapters of nothing. I really liked the monster designs for the manga but the Demon King looks a little off.

Occam's razor by definition also means the simplest solution isn't always correct. Just it tends to be.

Plus, this is a story and not a real event... so Occam's is even less relevant.

Bad news for those who are not aware, you'll not be safe from this even in the anime
5Pj2QKZ.png
rBtbuOA.png

Dex-chan lover
@cashew you sounds like someone that would support a crackship just because the author hasn't officially sunk it, alright
if you dismiss the most likely scenario simply because it's not 100% always be the case, you won't be able to go anywhere.

sure, there's always the possibility that the author will throw away any kind of rules and asspull his way to conclusion, but the reader should always give the author the benefits of doubt and assume that he won't do that.

@mage_goo

Oh boy, ad hominem and strawman. What trashy logic.

The world isn't black and white. To note that Occam's Razor isn't always correct is not the same thing as saying you should always dismiss the most likely scenario.

Plus, the Occam's Razor isn't even some literary rule. The idea that an author not following it means they are "asspulling" is not supported by anything.

Are you actually arguing that misdirection in literary is against the rules?

Detective novels should not exist?
Darth Vader should have never been Luke's dad?
Snape shouldn't have been a double agent?

Dex-chan lover
@cashew huh? crackship supporter counts as ad hominem?

And it's exactly because the world isn't black and white that you can't implies that something that isn't black is white.
You know what? I think we're on the same page after all. We both can agree that #242424 is not the same as #E4E4E4, right?

And no, Occam's Razor ain't literary rules. It's not for the author, it's for the analyst.
Misdirection is a fair tool to use as the author, but without proper foreshadow and reasoning, it would just seems like the true answer is just something that the author pulls out of nowhere, or rather, out of his ass.
And the reader, the analyst, can't just start guessing whether something is a misdirection without proper reason for that would make every answer as likely as the others.

Users who are viewing this thread