So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 6 Ch. 30.1

Dex-chan lover
@BoredTears I am going based on the official translation, in which case it is one of the seven deadly sins, but a version of it that doesn't make her a title "holder".
I did find it odd when the official translation listed it as wrath with a number, but that is its official translation.

Contributor
For those of you like me who are wondering why the heck Kumoko is yelling "Roba no mimi!" down the hole on pg. 4:

Some googling around suggests this is from the phrase "Osama no Mimi wa Roba no Mimi" (The king's ears are donkey ears) from the following legend:

http://www.korea.net/NewsFocus/Culture/view?articleId=122701

(Yeah the article is about the korean version of the legend but it seems to be close enough—it's very clearly the pertinent parable)

Dex-chan lover
@Aricitic
Just because that is what it is translated as in the official translation, does not mean that it is the right way to translate it. It's not a ruler skill, she didn't get the title because it's not part of the seven deadly sins skills, which are ruler skills. It's just a normal skill.
In the web novel we see a character get the skill that is actually part of the set, and he levels up the skill kumo just got, until he got the higher version that is the ruler skill complete with tile. He actually had to level up that skill into a different skill, then get that one to 10 before he got wrath.

@Aricitic The official translator doesn't know what they're doing. There's multiple skills that have to do with eating a lot, and I'm pretty sure YP has translated them all as Gluttony.

It irritates me, because the Sin and Virtue skills are supposed to be Unique, but YP is misattributing them, even though there are already other characters with them.

I'm surprised we jumped back to Kumo so quickly when I heard a lot of people saying we were supposed to be focusing on the side character plot for awhile due to their importance for later events in the story. Unless that's going to come soon, or later since I doubt the manga skipped it?

@TUSF
@Aricitic
The previous eating-related skills were translated by YP in the LN as Overeating and Satiation. The skill Kumoko just got was translated as Wrath, though. I agree it should be Anger.

@linkhuesitos15
@yarnnnn
Information-in-Charge is the "real" Kumoko only because she was the one who stayed behind. If, say, Magic-in-Charge 2 had stayed behind, she would have been the "real" one. Supporting this is that, in the WN,
in a later chapter, Magic-in-Charge 1 muses that there had been no hierarchy or ranks among them until the parallel wills were sent out. However, they were now aware that they have become different from the main body. The main body (Information-in-Charge) though, does not consider (or be even aware of) them as different from her.
While I haven't read the LN version, it's probably the same.

@Rize_Suzumiya
The story needs the side stories later but for now not all of them, this part only need the B1 chapter but a little after Kumo escape from the dungeon the story will need the first 22 S chapters.

The best way to add them in this point is 1 side chapter every full kumo chapter (29.X) for a slow implementation rather than 2 chapters in row like the demon council.

@linkhuesitos15 There's also the whole issue of the way the story's structured in the manga in comparison to the LN/WN in that it doesn't jump perspectives, heck, almost at all. This will probably lead into a freaking ass long S Chapter arc, Oni chapter arc, Oni (Different character) chapter arc and THEN back to main story.

Its that, or chronologically correct story telling, in which case.... PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF that'd be HILARIOUS. Also, confusing, we'd be jumping perspectives like each chapter.

@Tromend
That could be an option but it will ruin the some impact.
I mean when Kumo meet
Sophia
we already know that she's "evil" and working for Hugo and an administrator so the purpose of the Blood chapters is the opposite of B chapters, show how this character reach that point.

Dex-chan lover
@BoredTears
I understand that, I know who you are referring to.
But just because there is a "ruler" class doesn't mean there isn't a lesser "non-ruler" version of the same class. In fact, there being a ruler of a "class" or "skill" suggest even more that there are those with the version that can level up, and not that fully leveling up makes one a ruler, but one's compatibility with the skill defines if they are a ruler or not. (Besides, the rulers get extra abilities that go beyond the skill).

And, while you are correct that wn official translation does not make the translation correct, the opposite is usually true. (I cannot tell you how many times I see misspelling or bad grammar in published books. It makes me want to literally "GRADE" the damn book.)
One thing an official translation has over a fan translation is access to the author. While, again, this is not always true (i.e. the author is dead or overworked) wn official and officially sanctioned translation is going to be more accurate than a fan (and not sanctioned) translation.

Regardless, all of what I have said does not "make" me correct, but I find it vastly more likely for "anger" to be an offshoot of the Ruler skill "wrath"...

Final edit for now.
To the others (sometimes I HATE writing on a phone, sorry...) I understand your perspective, and the official translator could have it wrong... But just because one version of a skill is unique doesn't necessitate that other non-unique versions cannot exist. I would say that the only thing that would convince me that it is supposed to be anger, regardless of all else, is if anger evolves...

Dex-chan lover
We almost getting a face reveal in the cover, also if they keep making the skirt smaller we will get another kind of reveal...

esp

Regarding which will is the "real" one. You can also look back to when they all combined. Information in charge was the leader in that situation as well.

Let's hope she doesn't transform into a super generic character, she's pretty unique now but if she transforms into a blood thirsty and mediocre design like that time skip, its really gonna be shit

Hmm kumoko is thinking of saving the world by killing many people and the demon lord's actions will lead to many people(humans and demons) dying...

Users who are viewing this thread