So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 7 Ch. 34.1

@Kelps
What novel chapter is this at ?

In the web novel, the encounter with the humans is chapters 146 "I feel sick" and 147 "So, this is the possibility that a person has". The humans' POV (specifically, the summoner's) is "The labyrinth's nightmare" chapters 1-4.
In the light novel, this occurs in Volume 3, in "Special Chapter: The Nightmare of the Labyrinth" (summoner's POV) and chapter 10 "I Still Don't Know the Stupid Nickname of 'Nightmare of the Labyrinth' that I Got that Day" (Kumoko's POV).

In both, the humans' POV is pretty much a Mook Horror Show.

Note that the upcoming battle with Earth Dragon Alaba occurs before this encounter in the WN. In the LN (as well as the manga), the fight with Alaba is after this.

@criver
>The character development is still missing. We haven't really been shown that the taboo skills indeed affect her psyche. So there's no reason to believe that they do.
It's not like the manga would be saying "she did this because of her taboo skills" in a highlighted box. This information will probably be clarified once she gets in contact with other people. So far she hasn't been able to have a conversation with anyone except for those demon king/god-type characters, but those were hardly conversations at all.

Dex-chan lover
@Sternberg
As I mentioned earlier after seeing the spoilers - there's nothing to analyze really, the manga's too shallow, I overestimated it. I was looking for psychological motivation and rationale in something that turned out to be at the level of teenage fanfiction. I'll just enjoy it for what it is.

Contributor
(first let me preface this by saying I do not know or want novel spoilers, so don't bother to @ me with them)

Honestly I've kinda wondered about her morality for a while now. Not just because of the whole demon king thing, although obviously with that presumably vision of the future she had it seems at some point she grows to be completely fine with attempting to wipe out humanity.
No, the first red flag for me is the way she treats other monsters. Yeah, I know, they're monsters and she's doing what she has to to get by so she doesn't get killed or starve, but it always bothered me a little that she never once seemed to stop and consider that maybe some of the other monsters are sentient too or possibly others who have been reincarnated. Self defense is one thing, but she never seemed to feel bad about striking first, and you can't blame that on the heresy stuff corrupting her and destroying her ability to feel guilt since she's been like that from the start.

I don't understand why people are getting up in arms trying to defend her actions and getting mad at people for pointing out Kumoko just straight up murdered a bunch of people when she could have easily escaped. The first 8 were an accident, the rest weren't. It reminds me of people in shield hero's comments defending slavery and potion waifu's defending war crimes; it's a bit silly and nonsensical. Just because they're the protagonist doesn't mean they're a good person.

I think it's been pretty clear for a while now that she's been shifting focus further away from just getting to the surface and getting along with humans to getting stronger at all costs. I'd like to see if in later chapters Kumoko starts to realize what she's becoming or struggles with her descent into evil, but it doesn't look like she's going to do that now. I wonder if she'll eat the corpses? She's never been one to waste food and she was willing to eat her siblings, but I wonder if she'll be put off at all by the idea of eating humans.

Dex-chan lover
Can't wait for the animation. I'm already seeing the face and script of those two when they saw she can copy the summoned beasts spell easily. Like "She can copy spells too?" damn

Dex-chan lover
Ok, she's just murdering humans now. That's... Hmm.

Admittedly part of her leveling up was guilt repression, so I wouldn't be surprised if part of her becoming a stupid strong spider included loss of empathy or guilt entirely... But maybe she's just playing The Game, and has decided that these people are just more challenges in her way.

Also yeah, they did destroy your home, so... anger justified? But it's not like you can't replace it fairly easily.

Whatever. She's going to become a villain to those people, and it seems like she's okay with that.

In the end, she is just monster with human memories, bit by bit her predator instinct will kick in now she didn't only burdened by her own nature but with new emotion because human memories planted to her.

When this anime will be airing?

>all of there complains JUST for some killing
oh boy, I can't wait to see the shitstorm once she exit the laberint, also
the comfy will never be back, ever

@criver
legit question, why did you expect some deep psychological analisis in manga adaptation?

@DreamCarver
@Ruruskadoo
first of all, she gets pride very, very early in this world and heresy nullifier that she get later and like others said, the ruler skills
mess with your soul, while heresy nulifier only stop getting your soul grinded, but the former can't heal the later
so part of why she only saw others like EXP stock is because that, the other half is because
aside than she isn't human, but the mix of an spider and your resident nyarlathotep is somehow expected she don't really be the good guy here; worse, there aren't any legit good guys in this planet, only guilty victims and abusive executors:

-humans and demons are stuck forever in that rotten mudball because was their fault to abuse of MA energy, in fact demons was descendant of humans who used that energy in themselves
-pontimas is the black in all these shades of gray and the one who cause all of this shit because he wanted inmortality, thing that funily enough his "daughter", the future maou have.
-true dragons, these fuckers try to stop all (read: threatening with genocide) but when things went ogre they flew away with a good part of the rest of MA energy, worsening the situation
-sariel aka the system AI, a divine automaton (at least of how all angels act) with the mission of kill any who trespass the yellow line, dragons and titans equally; asigned to monitoring the strange activities she endend loving the living being and offering herself as a sacrifical sheep to restoring the planet, seeing how all souls die, rebirth only for dying again, slowly eroding to becoming nothing but energy, for her horror
-gyurestodynes, that inept dragon with a heart too soft for his own good, because love ended doing nothing (aside making a pact with the eldrich devil, sentencing his crush sariel in the process) but foolish things, like that peaceful paradise that ended destroyed anyways
-wrath, the very definition of victim with a river of blood behind, having his home and new family massacred he became so mad that ended destroyed anything in his path (because that ruler skill, wrath, make the user incapable to think rationaly when activated) incluyed that paradise said above
-suu, the designated hero with no spine, again because another rule skill he are unable to kill, even ones who really deserve it and suffer because that
-justin the pope, the definition of antihero and final enemy of kumo/shiro (who is another antihero in that point), having never forget all things happened before the game world (purgatory) he is adamant of human supervivency at all cost
-D, the true (ancient) god both in actions and behaviour, the devil who make the world a game just for fun (yes, she can fix the problem like nothing but who would want such a boring resolve?) and the engine for pontimas fuel of the story; also reason of why all class was iseai'd in the first place too

+the goalpoint itself, due overusing MA energy because some cunt, D in her infinite dickery said: all living being in this planet I hereby sentence to paid the debt with their souls, so go and transform the planet in a meatgrinder worthy to your average warhammer planet; the incentive? before fall existed a faction of countries who doesn't use MA energy (leading by guess who? justin, in that time president) because they noticed the future harm but in that point that thing works even better that oil, so that complains felt in deaf ears, using that D divide humanity in humans and demons in order to fight inbetween, fastfoward things are close to conclude (in red numbers also, thanks to pontimas and gyure) so the only options are kill all sides in a genocide war in order to restore the planet (kumo/maou side) or saving humans from that, with the cost of the planet (justin/gyure/any demon who isn't the maou side) and dying with them anyways

yep, even I know that exist several plotholes and nosenses
; also the same skill name said it, PRIDE, there's no way any prideful person can let that offence without retaliation (she has pride for his now burned house)

Dex-chan lover
@VIVIT Because it's not unheard of, for a manga plot to have depth. Take for example Oyasumi Punpun. A manga being an adaptation to a novel, should further increase the probability, considering that there would (fortunately) be a professional writer creating the story and not just the mangaka.

Dex-chan lover
@VIVIT
Sure, but the fact that there are few (not that few tbh) manga where the characters' actions are psychologically motivated, doesn't mean that there are none. I just expected (rather hoped) that this would be better, turned out I was wrong.

Fed-Kun's army
I really hate mangadex's commenting/BBcode right now...

[This comment has been given up on]

This thread is hella funny.
Didn't you even notice that kumoko is a psycho with social fobia, and also not even a human for a long time? Oh, that's because of joyful atmosphere with her expressive face. Don't even read WN, it'll turn your world upside down.

Users who are viewing this thread