So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 9 Ch. 42.2

Dex-chan lover
@ya_ha018
Apparently I haven't read far enough in the novel to get info as to WHY the system was implemented....But, honestly, before your explanation I found it weird that an angel had to sacrifice itself in order to save a planet. The best explanation for it, was that the "World" is not a planet, but existence itself within that dimension. Like, "we have to fight entropy".

But with what you revealed, it truly makes it seem derp as shit. In the case in which humanity is modern enough to scientifically reduce a planet into a battery, you'd think they'd also be advanced enough to be able to hop planets. Heck, we're advanced enough to do that right now, albeit without a whole lot of assurances. But we don't have the protection of a literal celestial entity, and they do. Surely if the planet gets fucked, they can just transport the innocent survivors over to Mars, to start over. I can't see what's so special about Earth that requires such a convoluted and round-about method to sustain a piece of dirt.

P.S: I guess "Well, isekai." is a good answer as any. While I do adore the WN, I wouldn't be surprised if there's actually no good reason for having an angel melt herself into the dirt, instead of just use her powers to hop planets.
INB4 some arbitrary reason like: "author said she can't so she can't". Meh.

@storm_crow
You are correct. And as to "Why would D do that?"...
D is bored as fuck. For an immortal being, I feel like that's as good of a motivation as any.

So D is a god, or the person that control the system the world where Kumoko is now, and a normal high school girl? Why a literall god was was passing as a high school girl?

@Ainzell , i actually refer this chapter https://ww3.mangafox.online/kumo-desu-ga-nani-ka/vol-3-bonus-short-comic-another-reincarnation-1450723847392267

But maybe this can satisfy you too https://mangadex.org/title/23774/tensei-shitara-dragon-no-tamago-datta-ibara-no-dragon-road

LAJ

I don't remember the conversation going like this in the novel. I swear she didn't have immortality, but it has been a while since I read it.

I hope she still evolves the way she did in the novel, I want to see that more than anything.

can somebody tell me in what chapter in the novel happens the events of chapter we just read . (chapter 42.2)

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist
In the case in which humanity is modern enough to scientifically reduce a planet into a battery, you'd think they'd also be advanced enough to be able to hop planets.
Planet hoping is a terrible idea anyway. There's not even a planet close and good enough for our mankind to go to, even mars would not even be good enough replacement for earth in 4000 years.
That said, their humanity was the same as our current world. Potimas only figured out about mana, because angels and dragons existed on their planet.
You'd think that a evil Goddess that pretended to be a highschool gamer girl would have little more common sense too.
D thought "Wow, hooman are stupid, they ruined the planet then forced a good Goddess to take the blame and take her mana. Lol, let's force them into killing each other to farm mana to save the planet."
So D gave them the system- where living beings can be broken down as Exp. The more they kill each other, the more mana they have. Hence when they die, the planet is healed with mana.

@LAJ She definitely earned Immortality with Zana Horowa in all 3 mediums (WN, LN, Manga), and this is about the same as what is covered in the LN. I feel it is more heavily implied in this chapter that
D is the one who made the System in the first place, though.

@Solipsist
The answer isn't quite so simple. Pretty big lore/history spoilers:
Each planet has governing deities, so hopping to another suitable planet would be encroaching on their territory. On top of this, angels are weapons made to fight gods and dragon gods who are tyrannical with their people, so having an angel change planets or bring an entire population with them is a taboo that would have them targetted by said deities, be it either the ruling god or a flock of Dragon gods. Furthermore, the entire planet was undergoing civil strife due to differing opinions on whether or not to use MA Energy, on top of the Dragons attacking everything and regressing the technology progression. Everything they did relied on MA Energy, or the energy of the planet, so using that energy to leave the planet (and find another one) is impossible. Furthermore, I'd stress, that the Dragons would likely have destroyed any humans attempting to leave the planet, anyway. Also, when the majority of them left, they took most of the planet's energy for themselves, as well, reducing most of the tech on the planet to useless scraps.

@Uglybastard
Considering that the rest of the classroom's stories are part of the original, they are not "filler" by definition. Also, if this was following the story correctly, those should have started in Chapter 2 of this manga, in which case you would have been used to them already. It is unlikely that we will ever see those chapters in the manga outside of the bonus stories available with the print releases.

you fucking kidding me?
2 month for 15 pages? i cant take it anymore im going to read light novel

Dex-chan lover
Its been 2 months for 15 pages ahahahah we are 100% all gonna die of old age before this reaches any major arc

Fed-Kun's army
This is getting really interesting. I was worried about what and how the whole situation was, but this is good.

Dex-chan lover
Wake up on this wretched day, and I find a new chapter of Kumo... This just made my birthday better.

Users who are viewing this thread