Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou Sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Would you mind if we pass through real quick…

I just wonder when they'll start showing the point of view of those affected by takatou power...Maybe on next chapter?

Dex-chan lover
Douch gave the killing order. He was confident the girls would kill him. Didn't he have any killing intent? How does this differ from pointing a gun at someone with the intent to kill that person and starting to pull the trigger? He intended to kill him with that order. There was also no reason to follow his 3vs3 idea to just spare him. And if we can argue, that he must have projected killing intent onto MC, MC should have felt it, before he could give the killing order. If he wanted to spare people, he could have spared the three girls by killing him first. Why did he even wait for a moment there? What if that dude's OP-skill is speech related? "It doesn't matter what state they aVAHDAHKEDAHVRA!"

The scope and scale of Takatou's abilities in unclear, frankly I like it when novels and mangas does not simply spoon feed you all the specifics. You actually need to read and comprehend!!!!
@Qelix
The manga or the webnovel both does not explain it fully or even outright lie on the whole intent to kill trigger of Takatou's instant death. In the novel, although Takatou can feel malicious intent it is absolutely unnecessary for activation. The real trigger is direct harm. Regardless of intent, so long as it harms Takatou or his girl, instant death will trigger killing the opposition before the harmful act can be done; whether it is pulling the trigger of a gun or AOE attack; either the attack itself fails (dies) or the person conducting the attack dies. Projecting killing intent is insufficient it must be backed up with actual means before the auto-trigger activates. So even if his skill is speech related it would not matter.

Also my first comment on the site.

Aggregator gang
Maybe this is the fist time I was reading a manga that really likes to waste their character. Not that I was complaining about it though.

I just can't imagine how long the character design team needs to suffer. 🤣

Dex-chan lover
@Ornali:
Let's see then: Harem guy projected his killing intent, but because it isn't the trigger, he lives. He just told others to direct harm, therefore he dogged that bullet. The girls on the other hand, would have unleashed attacks the very next moment and became valid targets for MC's ability. The fact that killing intent most of the time goes hand in hand with willingly directing harm at others, might not be necessary to use his ability, but it is convenient for MC. He can use this fact to tell everyone, killing intent would be the trigger, to gain a tactical advantage.
Now that begs the question, what harm did all those poor doors intent to do to him and his friends? Could it be, that if the target is a non-living thing or a concept, he can use his ability freely on it?

"Also my first comment on the site."
I hope many more will follow. :D

this manga has many really interesting designed waifus only to be killed in one chapter

Nod

@Qelix the MC is basically the physical avatar of the concept of death/the void/the final end of all things. Thematically the whole story is basically if you told Lovecraftian tale of cultists summoning an all powerful eldritch abomination naively believing they could control it, but told from the perspective of the supreme elder god that showed up instead (with some iseikai satire/parody thrown in for laughs). The only thing that is keeping everyone around him alive is that the MC is simply isn't interested in killing them. The automatic killing of anyone/thing that means him harm is just one tiny aspect of his powers and it's been stated that he has voluntarily sealed the overwhelming majority of his total power just to make living like a normal person more doable. There is really no reason to think, give what little we do know of his power, that the MC couldn't just wipe out all life on the planet if he felt like it.

@Qelix, there's no trigger for his power to work, he can just "end" something he wanted to stop.
He only draws the line by setting any killing intent towards him his target.

His ability is basically a death to all thing that has a concept of living. Even if it is a machine. If it has concept of alive like cars that can move. He can set that function to die.

That's why in earlier chapter, he can set only a particular body part to 'die'.

He is basically a death God.

Also he don't really need to speak to activate the skill. If he thinks about it, the target will die.

He's not really interrsted in killing people tho.

Fed-Kun's army
@Akxera well, none of the dead characters so far have really unique design, all of them are generic battle fantasy characters easily reproduced from other manga

at this point it's more entertaining to place bets
will this newly introduced character survive or not?
if they are to survive, for how many chapters?

You know, it's refreshing to see the author didn't bother in killing the dragon loli in the previous chapters. Tho the story is all over the place, at least it introduces new stuff in a chapter basis.

"Waiting for the next Chapter" -die
If only I could kill the time until next release...

Dex-chan lover
@Silwith
In earlier chapters we are shown parts of his childhood in governmental care. There are instances where they try to remotely use curses to kill him, after which they die. I vaguely remember it being stated it was an automatic reflex. He sensed a killing intent aimed at him and they died. Several of his caretakers went the same way for only wishing the creepy child in their care would die. There was more to it then just that but it's kind of hazy.

@mbos14
He can chose to actively use his power, but there is automatic defenses that kick in once a certain threshold is reached. iirc he can control his defenses to some degree as well. People no longer drop like flies from just thinking he should die. But more overt actions might still trigger a Retribution depending on the settings he has in place.

ok since it looks like they skip this part in the manga:
if i remember this part in the novel right, the "throne" dude had a power to accelerates his thoughts activated and an ability that explains to him things from the world (something like rimuru from "that time i reincarnated as a slime") and i think it is a whole chapter in the novel where just after he is killed by the MC, his AI skill explains to him that he is a stupid person for defying death reincarnated and he is already dead but since he is using the quick thinking thing he stays like that for years trapped in his mind and can feel how each cell of his body is dying

Users who are viewing this thread