Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou Sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Would you mind if we pass through real quick…

Dex-chan lover
I love how they set up these side characters. So many intriguing looking waifus. All these interesting designs and skills.

Only for them to drop like dominos.

@Chucolain he instinctively kills when he feels killing intent but he can kill whoever he wants. Or whatever he wants. As he’s said before he decides what death is.

@Chucholain
The killing intent is not necessary for him to activate his power. The killing intent just automatically tells him or if I remember correctly, it kills the source without him doing anything. If someone were to fight him with zero killing intent, then they might get one shot in, maybe, even then, he won't die if there was no killing intent because he was attacked with the intent of not killing. Although, there could be especial cases.
Anywho, this is without taking into account his whole ability.

Seriously at this point I feel it's a waste for how many strong characters he killed without us knowing there backgrounds or seeing them in cool fights. But yeah they deserves it

Double-page supporter
i'm really starting to like this manga. at first i treated it as another cheat-skill-isekai (bonus/minus points for romcom or harem elements) but there's something pretty special going on. every character is treated as the protagonist of their own story and most if not all have their own versions of "cheat" skills. in most situations their bravado wouldn't be uncalled for because that is just how confident they are in their cheat skill.

however it gets thrown out the window the moment they meet the literal god of death. he doesn't have an isekai cheat ability. he is god. there is no logic or reason behind it. he just is. you're not a god if you're given or bestowed an ability, you're just a blessed/cursed subject of a higher being. so when people assume his ability is just another cheat ability, they think there is a method therefore a weakness to it.

better yet since he is so attuned with death he doesn't see it as anything special. people are alive or dead. the gory show and dance is all just human expression. it's so simple. just talk things through and you can live. get in his way and you'll die.

and not to mention he's got a backstory along with the people who are supposed to watch over him from the original world. some interesting things are going on aside from the fish out of water game setting.

MC be like
rRzWFWd.jpg

@ninjazz its a bit like an isekai brand One Punch Man, isn't it? Keeps you interested because you can never quite accept the hero is going to win because he's just... him. You know whats going to happen sure, but all your experience reading normal story conventions means you don't actually ever expect the tension to be cut off at the knees every chapter.

I wonder what was the point of mentioning the chance a killing move takes longer to activate especially considering it's never done again

Dex-chan lover
I can't wait for
lain, the vampire lady, to show back up and ask to join his harem because it is the safest place in the world.

This chapter made be unnerved and
also I wonder if all the other Isekai heroes are refenses to other Isekai stories.

The story was not told but this is just my guess. the man sitting in the chair is paralyzed on the legs, right?

Dex-chan lover
@AlifIrhas I dunno, he seems like enough of a pompous twat to just remain in a fancy chair while others fight for his entertainment just because it's like being on a throne or something. In which case, he just let loose some killing intent before getting up and died before he ever could stand.

Group Leader
@Jeikob I've caught up with the source material, so we have to wait until the end of august when the next manga chapter will be released in Japan.

Thanks for reading!

I thought this might devolve into a generic isekai...
But this has surpassed my low expectations!
I love this! And even if the MC has your 'op plot armor', the execution of this concept is funny and refreshing.

Basically isekai OPM, but the MC has full awareness of his position, is active and not passive, and is not oblivious to others.

Users who are viewing this thread