Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou Sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga

Fed-Kun's army
@kronous slight spoiler I guess but essentially his power has two "modes" an active and a passive mode. The active mode can only kill someone or something he knows about, but the passive mode kills anything that is attempting to harm him without limit.

I think its sorta implied the passive mode is the true extent of his power, but he cant consciously do it.

Haa this manga is pointlessly edgy... I don't mind some guro or blood. But honestly story is shit so far ;/

Yeah, everything about this is fucking gross. No thanks. Basically everything I hate in a main character all piled into one, in a pointlessly gory setting. Dropped.

This is a complete mess. It's tone, story, and morality are all over the place, the world building could be charitably described as minimalist, but more accurately described as almost non-existent, the characters are 1 dimensional, almost everyone is a complete over the top edgy psychopath, and yet it seems to want to play it all straight, while also being a goofy comedy, while also satirizing a lot of conventional fantasy and isekai. It's essentially the equivalent of vomiting on a page. The art is also as generic and mediocre as it gets, which somehow just adds to the clusterfuck. However, it pulls itself together a little bit, and drops a bit of the over the top edge, about a volume or so in, and begins to resemble an actual story. Before that the entertainment is watching a runaway train smash into a mountain of flaming dumpsters. Afterwards it's watching to see what the hell is going to be done to clean it up. Whether you like it or not is probably going to come down to if that sounds enjoyable.

Fed-Kun's army
Between the more comical lighthearted Konosuba this here manga is literally making a violent mockery of the isekai genre by establishing itself in a "Japanese people fucked up the other world" setting.

I like to compare the boom of isekai manga to the popularity of pulp fiction in the 1930's or the OVA boom of the 90s. Cheap, fast to make and profitable. So when will it end? As always, when the public gets tired of it and something else becomes more popular. I'd say we're due for a resurgence of classic sci-fi riding on some real life space news... but it could be be anything.

Delle is really awesome for giving us the corresponding WN chapter of the manga chapters every time. I feel spoiled.

@Ayreos part of the reason of the boom of Pulp fiction and the boom of Isekai is yes they are cheap and profitable. The other part that fuels their consumption is society in the 1930's U.S. had a.... shall we say negative world view and wanted quick easy escapism and similar feelings exist today in most of the industrialized world. Something similar happened with all the western dime novels after the Civil War due to the Long Depression (a series of various economic crises from 1872 through 1890).

Hahahahahaha, the author ever managed to reference "dragons fucking cars" meme. 😆

Dex-chan lover
You would think being basically the mortal version of an invincible grim reaper would get boring, but nope. The author does a great job of keeping it interesting. Don't understand why this is not at least an 8.

Group Leader
i think we've reached beyond the point of no return in isekai genre

Users who are viewing this thread