Solo Bug Player - Ch. 12

Aggregator gang
@Selection the translation seems a little...off I guess? For example the MC says "A former wizard who exchanged his own humanity in exchange for eternal power and strength." Using exchanged and exchange within in the same sentence is redundant.
"And the never-ending flames that exist on my body, burns the divine power into my very bones..." I'm not sure what the raws were saying, but you might want to replace "burns" with "is burning""
"No, he must stolen the sacred power amplifying artifact!" No, he must HAVE stolen...
"The undead army trap was here all...becauase..." You misspelled because
"I won't fall for it again!" You should probably say, "I won't fall for THAT again!"
"You casted...2 spells at once?" You should say, "You cast...2 spells at once?"
"Even when you were playing this as a game, you still fell for the same trick twice!" Again, I have no ideas what the raws say, but looking at the way the sentence is structure I'm guessing it should look like, "Even when I was playing this as a game, you still fell for the same trick!" or, "Even when you were in the game, you still fell for this same trick!"
"C'mon, you know that I won't die by that alone, Deluke." Although I think this might be grammatically correct, it just sounds off. I would say, "C'mon, you know that I won't die to just that, Deluke."

Here are your examples of the translation being off. If you want to avoid these kinds of mistakes in the future, try reading the English translation aloud. It becomes pretty obvious when a sentence doesn't make sense when you get tongue-tied when saying it.

@Treemanic @Mageos @nocosttogreat I agree with you guys. If you're gonna snipe, snipe a project that's been inactive for a while or has a really bad TL. Don't snipe and produce a sub-par TL.

Edit: Noticed that I didn't input Treemanic's username correctly

What the hell, Edelgarde? Why are you doing this? Is this a case of "even bad attention is better than no attention"?

Your translations are better than raw MTLs, and that's about the best that can be said for them. I don't think your mastery of grammar even qualifies as "fluent" in the English language. Now, I never minded all that much, when you were translating things no one else was- it's better than no translation, that's for sure. But now you're causing a group with skills far above your own to drop a series that people were enjoying, just so you can fish for a few clicks?

Please go away. You're no credit to this community at all.

Dex-chan lover
Go away you low quality translation having idiots, pick a series that isn't being translated instead, especially if you're going to do a worse job.

I appreciate your effort but Can you guys pick another series that doesn’t have English translations?💁🏽‍♀️ It’ll be much more helpful and y’all receive genuine compliments and respect. Please think about this.. for the sake of peace on the Internet. 🕊

Dex-chan lover
Maybe MD needs to allow users to petition to have groups banned. Groups who do a worse job sniping from groups that do a way better job shouldn't really be tolerated by the community.

This sniping other group project need to be stopped. This is really not healthy for our community

So the big scanlation group with trash translation is gonna take over now? Huh, that's kinda sad.

I guess this is it for this series then.

Guess what group will get blocked on my list.

A tip: sniper group with bad translation.
I would sugest others do the same

Dex-chan lover
This group is affiliated/part of Jaiminis Box btw. No wonder they are scum.

Contributor
Yeah, they did this before with I'm Destined For Greatness!. Here's the reddit post that talks about it, and has screenshots of Yuno talking about setting up Edelgarde Scans to snipe popular series.
https://old.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/eo8arx/how_jaimini_scans_do_scanlations_leaked_sniping/

knight_noble "
I appreciate your effort but Can you guys pick another series that doesn’t have English translations?💁🏽‍♀️ It’ll be much more helpful and y’all receive genuine compliments and respect. Please think about this.. for the sake of peace on the Internet. 🕊
"

they most likely won't, it's a conspiracy (not a joke). they were made on the demand of jaiminis team with the purpose to snipe series. this whole group was made as a self centered dick move and i'm not sure who in this group is in on it and who's just used without knowing anything

Group Leader
This whole JB shit was like 5 months ago, ever since then, we have never contacted them, and they have never contacted us. Please don't associate us with those shits.

@wadere omg what is this conspiracy that I have not heard of this jaiminis team...😳😲

Why are they doing this? It was going so well with the translations and stuff.

Huh? Jaimini gets hate for sniping and the whole edelgarde thing and now they're not associated with each other. Yet skrills calls Jaimini shits but is still sniping as an independant group now? Where do they get off thinking they're better than jaiminis lmao.

@knight_noble this link for more info: https://old.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/eo8arx/how_jaimini_scans_do_scanlations_leaked_sniping/ . SkrillzPlayz say that they're not related anymore but this group still snipe so even if it's true i'll say they're not better than before

Supporter
This is a repost of a comment I just made on Edelgarde's tl of Chpater 5:
Hi, person from Trinita here, Id like to post a timeline of the events that happened as I understand them, if I miss sutff feel free to correct me:

1) Turkish scangroup published CH 11
2) Turkish scangroup join the discord and discuss with me
3) Turkish scangroup takes down chapter after realising what sniping is
4) Baseplay created CH 12 TL of BP
5) I joined Edelgarde's discord to ask why we were sniped and am told not to worry as it is a "passion project" and "releases will be slow"
Two screenshots showing some of the messages from me joining:
unknown.png

unknown.png

6) Ghaljik talks to baseplay and negotiations begin on a collab
8) Collab negotiations fall through due to baseplay threatening to snipe our other series
Screenshot showing SkrillZ talking about the failed Collab:
unknown.png

9) Ghaljik published Edelgard's SL TL as Tritinia but soon took it down
10) Kazuma contact Edelgarde and attempts to cool things down
KJivOSUbmHFM3dyD

11) Tritinia officially dropped BP due to failed negotiations with Edelgarde and we didn't want to use our resources to compete

Here are some other screenshots I have from the day:
Baseplay discussing the snipe and Luke doing nothing to stop it
unknown.png

Baseplay claiming our Tls are MTLs:
unknown.png

Baseplay claiming that he has evidence of our TLs being MTLs and that its just his side project:
unknown.png

Baseplay posting "evidence" of our supposed MTLs
unknown.png

Baseplays "evidence" from un-proofread chapter 1:
unknown.png

unknown.png

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings about the events that occured surrounding the sniping and droping of Bug Player, if you have any corrections or wish to ask questions feel free to contact me on Mangadex or on Discord: Cwavs#7590

Users who are viewing this thread