Solo Bug Player - Ch. 43

Dex-chan lover
It's not a change of art style, but rather one of quality.
You clearly see that the artist is only polishing certain pictures, those where he uses the finer pencil.

I find that level of quality issue quite distracting. :/

Dex-chan lover
I also see a drop in the drawing quality, but I've see far worse and I'm glad the story continues. Honestly, it's not too bad. Not really good, but not too bad either. Not sure about the complains about the pacing. It didn't strike me as noteworthy. As long as the characters don't start to act too dumb/unbelievable/derailed/tooFarOffTheirInitialCharacterization, it's not that bad.

@CptHornSwoggle:
First, I'm also confused about that.
Second, you don't have to read mind annoying comments, especially those aimed at you. Don't let them get to you. 😉
Third, I'm sorry, but I didn't get your last sentence, "Like you get to read this with some better art then most of you all can do so its getting annoying that everyone's complaining." Was your argument, that >People complaining even though they can't draw well themselves< or >The story would be the same, even with better artstyle.< or am I totally amiss?

Dex-chan lover
Whoever the artist is this time. If they don't swiftly improve, I suspect no one is ever gonna hire them again... if they aren't doing this deliberately.

What I suspect is that they are a hack. Someone that will show example images of the few ones they did well here as an example of "how good their previous work was" in short, a form of a con artist.

And I you don't believe me, search it up, these kind of snakes do exist in this field. They sign a contract that guarantees they get paid for the arc then they change accounts and pick the next person to cheat.

I might be wrong, but I have seen other works before (granted it was over 2 years ago atl) getting similar treatment and the authors lamenting being cheated.

I just sincerely hope it didn't happen here and that this artist will gradually improve as this arc continues.

Reading the novel is now better that reading the manwha. There is no point for a manwha if the art quality is this bad since image in my imagination would be better.

Tl:Dr - this sucks now, I'm dropping it

This Manhwa really took a dip and devolved in more ways than one. The most glaring of which is the art but I can look past that to an extent by trying not to compare it too much as to what it was before. But what I can't turn a blind eye to is the awful direction they took the characters and world to.

The characters feel flat now. It's like all the depth they gained last season through character development was just lost and forgotten. It's like they show up sometimes just to remind you that they're there. Some don't even get any screen time anymore, or maybe just get a passing panel without any dialog. The worst is what they did to MC whose primary motivation is now lost and unique personality replaced with those of a generic surface level protagonist who just does whatever they please in their new isekai world.

It's a shame really as this Manhwa had potential but if this is gonna end up similar to the Moonlight Sculpter Manhwa, then I'm not waiting for a 3rd season thats going to be worse than what it is now.

Just binge read all 43 chapters today and I don't think I'll be reading any more. The previous art style was ok, and towards the end I was really enjoying it. It had its own unique style, though nothing too fancy. Now the art is rushed, flat, and boring. This chapter especially felt choppy and gross with the way the level of detail switched so drastically between panels. But not only has the art tanked, the story has too. Things are happening just to happen and there's no real tension. This is just all around not pleasing to read anymore.

Fed-Kun's army
@AlphaFlow All very true. I would like to add that I kinda like the "childish" art style that it has become. It wasn't perfect art in season one either.

Fed-Kun's army
@Qelix Yeah sorry I just woke up when I typed that. That is just how my brains train of thought went. "People complaining even though they can't draw well themselves" is what I meant by that.

Aggregator gang
@CptHornSwoggle I probably can’t make a movie as good as the transformers series, but I can still criticize it and say it’s bad, especially compared with other movies. The “yUo cANt ComPlAin ABoUt It iF yoU Cant Do it yOuRseLf” Is such a bad point.

Really big disapointment. Not only the art took a nosedive, but the story is hardly interesting. I guess it's time to drop.

Users who are viewing this thread