Solo Bug Player

@Cwavs - tritinia
@SkrillzPlayz -edelgarde

So, edelgarde claims they are not making money out of it??

Then why are the translations on there site?
Why the delay policy on mangadex?
Why asking for patreon donations?

Surprisingly, this turned out to be really good. I am just browsing randomly and found this different approach for isekai.

NICENICENICENICENICENICENICE!

What's up with the wrong cover?

Anyway, it's good. We get a fatty MC who loses weight pretty quickly (too quickly actually, but oh well), and it's not centered around bugs as much as the description suggests.

Edelgarde is re-releasing the previous chapters? What are these morons doing? Such meaningless duplication of effort...

Dex-chan lover
Indeed, a shitty title, for a really decent read.
The only fault I have with this sort of story, is that on almost every single chapter, there's either a time-skip, or something new is added to the story. Be it a character, a skill, or territory -- something new is piled on.
Early in the story, that sort of thing is fun, but at some point it'll burn out the story completely. There's a hard-limit as to how many stuff you can stack on top of the story, before you have to choose something to go with.

Isabelle, handsdown best waifu in this series!
bluehaired waif is for fluff. but i still rather a 1 romance with isabelle.
though if it became a harem route, i wish only these 2.

I like this so far. Kinda generic premise, but interesting interactions and world building and good quality art keep it enjoyable.

The only thing that I truly dislike is the title.
Why not just say "Bugged Player" instead of "Solo Bug Player" (I think, "I alone Buggy player" in Korean). Or have a more interesting (non-literal) title?
Like I get it: he's the only one that is reincarnated and has the knowledge to abuse bugs or exploits. But, he constantly gets help from or works with other non-player characters.
So many Korean isekais have "Solo" in the beginning for seemingly almost no reason.

My suspicion is that the success of "Solo Leveling" was so great that other authors want to piggyback on the title or that it's just a trend for isekais in Korea to start with "Solo" for some reason.
Could someone explain it to me why?

Didn't know what to think about this series at first, it started as a 7/10 for me but every passing chapter is better than the last and I could see this easily becoming as good as Solo Leveling a solid 10/10. Once again the Korean manhwa industry shows they can do it better than any of the competitors when it comes to good story/plot progression/art it's even colored (which is quite a rarity outside of manhwa) , not hard to see why a lot of the highest rated series out there are manhwa.

@rabcor

Actually, if a different scan group translates something, it's customary for them to purchase the raws and translate them from the beginning. That way it avoids the groups fighting as much.

@Solipsist

Bugs as in cheats or glitches - not literal bugs.

In this instance, the character being dropped into the world with memories of what is to come... Is a 'glitch' in the system.... Since it takes place in a video game storyline. Also, a few stories have covers that don't essentially have anything to do with the story, they're just cover art... Like the one with the siblings in a throne..... *Doesn't remember name*

And the title is probably a direct translation of the original title.

@seamew

It's the right cover. I googled it... Lol

In Korean.... It has a few other covers that are weird. But... Found two big art versions for it. Not sure if it's an actual cover.

bug-player-48664.jpg

I love how cannonfodders will talk big game but then be killed in 0.2 seconds, bruh up your game.

I feel like countries are starting to get their own specialties, from personal experience Japan -> manga with dark stories (seinen) , Corea -> Manhwa with heart clenching cliffhangers and gorgeous art, and China -> my top 20 light novels are all Chinese so there’s that. Don’t get me wrong there are some exceptions

@donutholer Theyre using a cover from the novel cause when it was added to the site there wasnt any useable art for the manga

Users who are viewing this thread