Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 0 - Prologue

with a wave of my finger and flick of my dick one zap from me will kill u quick so get on ur knee to suck and blow but not right now i gotta go......

I've heard a lot of talk about this, so I'm here to check it out. First impression is that it's kind of cliché - we're following an underdog that wants to be the strongest, which is something I've seen before in Naruto, BNHA, etc. And like in those stories, the protagonist gets a cheat instead of having to rely only on themselves - Izuku gets an OP power handed to him, Naruto discovers he has the Kyuubi and gets other perks, and in Solo-Leveling our protagonist gets a quest system which allows him to improve in ways he wouldn't have been able to otherwise.

It kind of weakens the message of 'I'm the weakest but I'll work hard to rise to the top' when you just get handed cheats instead of relying on skill and hard work to manage it.

And secondly, there are several grammar mistakes in the dialogue which brings the quality of the translation down. I'd recommend getting an editor to go through chapters and help correct errors.

I'll continue reading this to see how it goes. I only have a lukewarm first impression, but maybe this story shines because of the interesting world and/or characters, which would hide the 'cheat' aspect of the story's premise.

Someone help me, I am re reading for the 7th time!!! I HAVE NO LIFE THIS WEBTOON IS JUST AMAZEBALLS 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Group Leader
rereading time lmao
just bc my first time reading this i was scrolling so fast i didn't even see his name or anyone else's for that matter lol

Dex-chan lover
kind of sad how much the artstyle changed
he looks like a completely different dude now

he doesnt even look anything like the "future jin woo" on page 7 here
he didnt look like that at any point either

Users who are viewing this thread