Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
@IndI311 : devil's advocate but unfortunately money is always needed, even for free scanlation.
A group need some money for the servers (irc, file transfers...) , to get the scans in good quality and other things.
/advocate.

Still, a scanlation is an "illegal" thing. Asking for money is okay but the problem arise when scanlating group think that this money is due.
And it's even worse when people think they "own" the translations of the Manga.

there is a HUGE mistake on page 8

he did not DIED, he had multiple NDE.
saying he died implies stuff that may have great repercussion in the future! be carefull !!

also the exchange feel way more american than on the original with "yo" and stuff like that.

again this is another mistake when the manga will open up to other country and character that speak in an american way even when speaking korean....

also to all the 1st comment: i though you guys use MD because you wanted to support the scanlator ? but i guess, like in any godawfull aggregator on google: it only matter as long as they post on the website. kind of "blackmail-ly" don't you think? because all aggregator think that way. You don't have to save face. be honest and just say you don't care about anything as long as the translation is available on the website you use... 😑

@Genzou
you are right, but it's still very different from NDE to what it imply.

there are many way to almost die, but and NDE is almost universaly similar due to how close is it to death, it's a point were the cause become almost irrelevant.

but almost dying could be just being stranded somewhere, dehydraded, downing etc ... it's much more "soft".
It may look like i am nitpicking but it have it's importance. same with the way the character speaks.

Group Leader
@Ashgur I can respect that. However, with the series I'm translating, the readers voiced very strongly their opposition to giving a character a thick accent like he has in the original. They don't care if he's meant to sound like that. It made the reading experience not enjoyable and they were happy he no longer speaks with that accent.

@Genzou

i think it's very sad that some reader think like that.
i mean why don't they just open the raw and look at their screen through their phone with google auto translator ? ^^

@Clad95150 : +1 this and yea, i should have expressed it better. I do understand that they need some money for raws and hosting, but as you said, they shouldn't think they own the rights to a series and start to monopolize it all.

@DogWiler It's bc he is above average compared to a normal human being. But compared to a hunter, not a normal person they have powers and stuf, he is practically dogshit, though I would probably word that better.

Double-page supporter
He was so Gross and awful... In a few chapters he gonna be hot as fuck!!! Rereading is fun xD

Dex-chan lover
@MichaelTries
what the fuck do you mean he was gross and awful
if you can't appreciate him before his glow up then whats the point in being a simp

"if you ignore my barely above average power" So motherfucker is ALREADY above average and it's not enough for him? "and my ability to regenerate" fucking seriously? Only that huh? Let's just ignore my of-the-bat superiority and focus on how "weak" I am... How is this highly rated? This is trash!
Cliché "everyone just lightens up around him"... ok Naruto.
If I were to write a list about what's wrong and lazy and overly clichéd and doesn't make any sense in this manhwa I'd write a War and Peace size novel...

I am impressed how little people care about logic in a story

ok this is rare coming back from a MC that can't be touched to an MC that is the worse in terms of power

@Densan1587 if it makes you feel better he meant compared to a regular civilian's average. basically all other hunters (and in the turn the dungeons) are way above his power level currently. can agree the lightening thing is weird but i guess it's more along the lines of "oh if this weak guy is here then it probably shouldn't be hard"

Dex-chan lover
hot damn this comic used to be so colourful
now its just blacks and muted colours

Users who are viewing this thread