Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 105

Damn boi, the art is so fxcking beautiful, coupled with this freaking great scene, it is just absolutely amazing beyond anything.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, the art is just absolutely stunning at every turn. Summoning Byung'gu and immediately releasing him after healing Cha felt really touching.

On an other note, is there a reason why succeeding in summoning the ant prince to his side was portrayed so omnious? No, I don't mind getting spoiled.

@RWorld yes,
all of them supposedly died in the novel.
It seemed the manhwua decided to let some survived, just like how some scene didn't happen in novel yet it appeared in manhwua. I think this is far better in my opinion.

Aggregator gang
This chapter was chill, but was sick. Love that he canceled the summon, shows allot of respect

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, with the different reaction when extracting the shadow and then the ant appearing behind the mc I too thought the it would attack him.

Dex-chan lover
@Simkin
it's because the ant knig is a general rank general ranks are much more powerful from normal Shadow and they can talk

MD@Home
@BlueCatMage - Major (like epilogue type) WN spoilers inside, you've been warned.
1. Yes.
2. No. The level up system is a major plot point that is resolved near the epilogue. Long story short, MC is a reincarnation of the Shadow god, which occurred with the test at the beginning of the comic (Granted reincarnation, not born with it), and the level up system was designed to help MC come into his powers gradually. Towards the end of the story, the level up system just...disappears, because MC will have gained everything he can from it.
3. Yes. Very soon if I remember correctly.
4. Not entirely sure actually, because the manhwa has diverged from the WN on that particular story beat, BUT they do end up meeting in the US, and said psycho does take it out on MC's guildie friend. Revenge happens, but I can't remember if the guy is killed or not. He's largely a footnote, only present to add some 'conflict' that is entirely lopsided.

@Simkin if i remember correctly
a general, grand general rank is an equivalent of the monarch in terms of power, strength. In other region of monarch, when a monarch die, the grand general will take control. So you can say that Ber (the ant king) a general rank is only a rank behind that, and only from this rank can the shadow solder communicate with the shadow monarch, like talking to him

Dex-chan lover
@BlueCatMage
1.yes 2.no 3.if I remember correctly yes 4.the guy is a 'national rank Hunter's which there is only 4 of the mc and his have a fight where the guy gets his ass kicked so hard that people worry if the mc will kill him or not which he spares him

this was slow but i guess a change of pace was needed after all thea action. i just have never been the biggest fan of how this series handles post arc downtime. its too slow on build up and doesnt maintain tension between characters interaction, feels disconnected.

@BlueCatMage since @MaxFrost have answered most of the stuff so i will just add that
yes the korean S rank hunter in the US will be killed in the novel when Jinwoo go to the US for some business and that guy will be turned into a solder

@RWorld the context of LN and Manhwa are very different in this arc
in LN the JP want to let the korean hunters be killed to weaken them that was their plot, but in manhwa they just want to have a national rank hunter hence why the outcome is also not the same

@BlueCatMage
I have not read the LN for a bit so I don't recall everything, but...
1) Yes he does

2) his future wife learns about the system, but no one else can really get the same system because of the source of his powers. A powerful being called Ashborn, the true shadow monarch, is looking for someone to inherit his power. Every time Jin-woo levels up he actually gains a little bit more of Ashborns power.

3) I forget, but it doesn't matter. Jin-woo resets time getting rid of gates and hunters. He lets a few people regain their memories, but not his family.

4) The psycho hunter kidsnaps and beats Jin-Ho, Jin-Woo kills him and makes him a shadow, 'Greed'.

Wait, so has he dismissed that S rank healer's shadow as in let go of his soul for good? Or just cancelled summon as in let him go for a while only to be summoned again when needed? What's the point of the 1st option? Like does he care much for their souls or what ever he extracts from them? Idk, having an S rank Healer is far too good of an option to just let the opportunity slip away.
I mean he might need that healing powers, is it that bad to just have the shadow from Ethical standpoint? I'm hella confused.
Is there like hell and heaven type of religion going on in this universe and by using the shadow he denies the soul's way there or smth? Then it kinda makes sense to not use a Human's shadow lije that out of respect. But I thought a shadow is like an Echo of the soul or smth. Was it explained in the original story? Can someone make this point clear for me?

Damn he got the ant i hope he didnt repease the s rank healer but only removed him from sight so the other people stop bitching

Users who are viewing this thread