Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 105

@Shizomist
and if u wanna know more
the true shadow monarch is the king of the dead(jinwoo is not one yet), anyone who die is his pawn, the shadow keep their memory but will obey him willingly as one he is now their monarch
and if u wanna dive deeper then
yes there are god but no heaven or hell just one place that the the death go to and that is the shadow legion, but that does not mean the shadow monarch can summon them at will it have strict law like how jinwoo is using his power

@Shizomist dismissed for good. It's not so much that he cares about his summoned souls (though he does to some extent) but rather his personal philosophy that he would only extract the souls of those that deserved not being able to rest, namely his enemies. This is partially to keep himself in check, because it's very easy to slip from "this person had a useful ability, I'll just extract them" to "this person has useful abilities, I'll just kill him and extract them". Also in this healer's case, the healer's own personality and the other S-rank's request was taken into account.

I also don't remember they ever fully explain the afterlife in the LN either, but the Shadow Monarch's power is dominion over dead souls. They're not echoes of the soul, they are the soul itself given a new form.

tfw you think you already see all Jin Woo's summoning power, and suddenly he summon a wyvern lol.

Dex-chan lover
@MrFakOff
He released him for good. However, the ant still has the S ranked healing ability which he stole from the guy so nothing really lost.

They already know he is super strong after being able to defeat the king, once they see the king works for him now, they will defeinitely be more than surprised xD

them another chapter different from the WN...

In the WN... MC was the one who sole found his corpse by just sensing his mana.... This was to show how sharp his skills were.... imagine sensing a dead mans mana over hundreds of ant corpse
2.they didnt bring the corpse (minor but plays a big part in the story)
3. where was the online chat part.... especially the part of gramps(previous chapters ) emotional part
4. the part of cleaning the ants was also off by too much... there was no monologue of leveling to 100 and he sensed the ant eggs lastly just to level up

I only read this for the QUALITY! GOD DAMN MAN, HOW CAN YOU DRAW SOMETHING THAT SO FRICKIN COOL!?

Group Leader
Anyone else on the verge of goosebumps seeing how the ant's level is marked with question marks?! ANYONE???

Dex-chan lover
@StolenMeijin

A bit of a correction in one of the answers
He didn’t let them remember him, it’s just that since they were highly connected to him in the events that happened, their memory returned while in his presence. That’s why in one of the latest chapters (can’t remember if it was one of the epilogue chapters) Cha Hae In was riding Kaisel alongside Jin Woo and they reminisced the time where she rode with him during their first date before the world reset.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I gave the wrong situation for Cha Hae In. In this case, it would be either Chairman Go Gun-Hee or Woo Jin-Chul’s case where when they met Jin Woo again, there was a description where something broke in them and the memory was released. I remember Jin-Woo mentioning that he wasn’t surprised that the memory-wipe-state wouldn’t stay the moment he met them.

Dex-chan lover
Beru finally takes the stage! Also, probably going to stockpile a chapter or two, the Americans trying to win Jinwoo over ain't much to me.

Fed-Kun's army
Please note that the Shadow Ant is a level 1 GENERAL
For comparison, Iron (the Shadow Tank) was arised as a level 1 KNIGHT, while Igris was arised as level 7 KNIGHT
Its like comparing between epic and legendary equip

First off, thank you so much @MaxFrost for clearing all of that up! No one ever really properly explained what the whole damn system thing was so I was severely confused by the mixture of information I had to go on so truly thank you for clearing that up!

And @StolenMeijin - Thank you again for the further tidbits of information! I really just wanted to know:
whether or not he killed that USA/Korean hunter and then turned him into a shadow soldier but no one would tell me! XD!

Third, @Serapheid -
Could you maybe elaborate a little bit more on the topic of, "Jin-woo resets time getting rid of gates and hunters. He lets a few people regain their memories, but not his family."? What does that mean exactly? Does that have something to do with how at the very end of the story when his system thing disappears and there is no longer a need for hunters because he's now the official shadow monarch, he just erases everything involving the hunter/gate topic from people's memories? Because if so, I don't think personally I'm going to like the ending for the series. Please and thank you~!

Users who are viewing this thread