Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 40

Let's say he has 5 equips with 20% reduction physical damage is he invunerable to physical damage?

maybe there is some random rule that you can have only so many s-rank items and lower rank items give at most 10% phys reduction... meeh even if it gave him 100% phys reduction so what, a lot of creautes in old school rpg's are completely immune to phys dmg why cant our handsome MC be aswell :p

Let's say he has 5 equips with 20% reduction physical damage is he invunerable to physical damage?

Probably multiple sources of Physical Reduction stack multiplicatively with each other.

Physical Reduction= 1 - [(1 - PR from source 1) x ... x (1 - PR from source n)]

Dex-chan lover
Yo that glove item is actually OP as fuck, especially against melee opponents

This is like a drug i can't wait until it releases again i just kept F5 through the day just to be on the safe side :)

Hmf, he thinks sticking his dagger into the Dominator until they leak out white is enough for a job?

Now it's time to go and get a real job, like a clerk.

@SilverBladeUY I don't think it's localized Damage reduction, I think the gloves popped up for that frame due to the additional effect that it made the user immune to hand injuries.

@dasheek I don't think it's multiplicative stacking with eachother, just looking at the values so far.

There's some gaps but it's looking to be additive? We know his new helm is +15% reduction, his poison he consumed was +20%, he got that high knight's chest armor for +7%, and +3% for his gloves. Those numbers would result in only a 38.7% reduction if it were multiplicative, vs the listed 46% (unsure if that's 46% + 15% from the helm for 61%, OR 46% counting the helm. Likely it's counting the helm, and the archer's boots that we didn't see the stats of have 1% reduction, while the high mage's ring from the previous chapter doesn't have any physical reduction, which would get us to the 46% listed value)

Of course, it's possible it's multiplicative and the high mage's ring + archer's boots he has make up the difference we're missing (though I'd hesitate to assume this, given the +15% listed next to that 46%)

This is entirely more thought than I expected to put into this, but here we are :p

Contributor
Also, Ignis is fire, so maybe there are more elements that he has to fight.

try to re-read these few last chapters with "Ciara - Paint it black" as soundtrack, another level of immersion

@Username97 I don't think that anyone has ch41+ translated yet, but it will likely be uploaded here tomorrow (Or you can also view it tomorrow on MerakiScans' website)

If you just meant where can you read the raws for ch41+, then you can find it on kakao by clicking the "raws" button on the main page for the series.

@AliceOfThorns oh,i want to read the raws, ive tried to read on kakaopage but i can only read the first 3ch and if i want to go to ch4 then there is some ching chong text and i cant see ch4

Just wondering, if the helmet was a s-rank item, could it be Igris is a s-rank monster??

Dex-chan lover
great chapter! Is it a typo when it said he has 6 intelligence? He had 51 intelligence at level 39 so maybe it's supposed to say 60?

Users who are viewing this thread