Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 52

Everyone talking about MC shadow and stuff, just know that the author of SL isnt stupid. He wont just give MC op buffs all the time.
This boss is as strong as a S-tier. (Is what i assume from what i read in LN). He wont be able to make him his shadow, and be happy about that. If the case was that he manged to make this boss hos shadow, it wouldnt be any different to other bad manga/manhuas where mc gets op buffs all the time.

Double-page supporter
Did that A-class hunter have a brain freeze or what? He left them out there to rot, well, to be killed, mangled, maimed and eaten by the bears, but gets all conspiracy theory later on?

@GerryCerryBery His reaction actually makes sense. He is in shock and refuses to accept his loss trying to put the blame on everything around him.
You see when our brain is put into too much stress it goes into defense mood and tries to protect itself it varies from person to person what defense we use but this guy is using denial and anger.

Fed-Kun's army
@GerryCerryBery It's called the Scapegoat Principle. When confronted by a difficult and/or complicated problem, their is a very strong tendency for people to waste time and energy attacking irrelevant targets when they think doing so is a simpler/less dangerous option.

This tendency is amplified when under immense stress. Such as finding yourself powerless to save your buddies from being slaughtered. So instead of dealing with the incredibly difficult problem of "How do I fight these things so much stronger than us", he picked the easier target of "blame these 'thieving weaklings' ".

Dex-chan lover
@Dragoma
You shouldn't link to stolen translations, that site is trash and is full of plagiarized translations.

https://www.reddit.com/user/25th_chestnut
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oBqUjcKi3gRaT1MzNvowV5PQFUXpPMrY

hahah this is so amusing.. I know that an OP isekai MC is an overused trope but this is simply amazing

Fed-Kun's army
Haha this manga was kind of whatever at first but it keeps gettin better and better cant wait for more

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else notice that the elf he just decapitated, did the gesture for slicing off one's head to the MC? I think the subtle irony was quite nice.

Dex-chan lover
hahah this is so amusing.. I know that an OP isekai MC is an overused trope but this is simply amazing
It's not overused at all. (As we nearly never see it executed right.) Most of the time the MC is OPed herself/himself very soon in the story by someone else or falls into a trap, because there must be struggle for her/him. You can't really call those characters overpowered, if there are forces that equal them or overpower them or there are too simple ways to stop them. If I read a story about an OP character I want to see her/him winning. And I fully concur with you. This here is a fine example of one way to do it right.
Let others struggle in their stead. Their only hindrance should be, that they still don't know how too fully unleash their potential, get alienated from other characters or are still growing and not there yet. Sadly those are really seldom or reeeeally bad executed.

So you left them too die and complain, that they did the same? Wonderful.

Somehow I see this ending with MC betrothed to an ice elf princess or something.
OP or not, his dick would snap off.

EDIT: (After reading the next post)
@firosahoge: Qelix um... this isnt even isekai though
Ooops!! XP Ehehehehe. Got me there. I fixed (falsified) the quote. It still holds true for "OP" characters in general though. (In my mind at least.)

Dex-chan lover
Slapped his head like child caught stealing, aww poor elf dude just wanted a worthy fight but guess he was over his head hahaha

Dex-chan lover
im ready for the super OP dagger he loot after defeating the elves king xD

Double-page supporter
Well, he did say he wanted to "face off". Quest complete if I do say so myself.

Aggregator gang
is da dumb fucking so called leader dead? cause i would slap again his butt 20x with a jackhammer wielded by the hulk with 100x steroids and the power of the gods.

Users who are viewing this thread