Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 59

Dex-chan lover
@ninjadork :
For the daggers, the problem you say about the enemy picking it or the MC losing it is non-existant.
The MC has the capacity to recall them at will at instant speed (its shown in the battle agaisnt the red armor and the one against the elf)

And that's not how Newton law work. The law state that that each object push each other. Even if the punch power is over the top, the MC should get some push back (equal to the resistance of the demon). The heavier the demon (or the opponent attack) the bigger the push back will be, asking for a huge physical resistance and a huge momentum or momentum absorbation (often it's via transferring it to the earth).
But in most stories, super strength and super speed doesn't follow nature's law.

It amaze me how this mangaka (manwhaka ?) can pull of this quality every week in beautiful colors and effects ? Just RESPECT. Maybe he doesn't have any life, or have a lot of assistants ?

Just love it when the comments are all about whether the series follows the laws of science and your just sitting here, enjoying a fantasy manhwa

Dex-chan lover
@Syranos i mean its not like some people are just crazy good at what they do or anything. The impressive part about him is the colours. Comparing him to others who push out quality work like this he's definitely top tier.

Some creatives just seem inhuman. I mean the author of one piece is a damn monster to keep it up for as long as he has. This guy might be cut from a similar cloth.

Pull financial and personal info for private use, 24/7 tracking... oh right, it's China.

Hold up, no time to dodge the attack but time enough to call for a shield throw, catch the shield, then stop the attack?

@Kaarme At the end of Ch 58 (page reader says page 34), there's a one panel demonstration of that mini-explosion hyperbole they use to show the MC moving super fast. The force that prevents the MC flying away comes from the fact that the MC is not "hanging" in mid-air at the time of contact; he's charging full speed at some level of really fucking high velocity. When he makes contact, the demon acts as a stop which halts the MC's forward movment, and the MC in the beginning of Ch 59 makes what appears to be a mostly vertical drop.

It's also possible that he's using Dominator's Touch to pull himself towards the demon, though that is pure speculation. I only mention it because this chapter demonstrates he can use it to push away in mid-air, so why not pull for more force?

I use the martial artist example as a demonstration that in any conflict of force, there is only ever as much of Newton's Reaction as the lowest value of all the force applied and resistance provided (I'm oversimplifying like a motherfucker, but bear with me). The resistance provided by a wood block is not equal to the force of the martial artist's punch, so it breaks and the martial artist has no issue. The resistance of the demon's weight and movement is less than the force and angle of the MC's charging punch, so the MC loses some velocity and the demon goes flying off.

@Clad95150 ...Really? In a setting with over-the-top magic, multi-dimensional travel with all these dungeons, and beings of literally inconceivable (to human appearances) power and/or purpose, you're going to try and claim that there is absolutely no possible risk worth worrying about that an enemy might be able to contain or take control of the MC's daggers if he leaves them hanging/swinging about in the open? Being a little Leeroy Jenkins there, aren't you?

Also, recalling the daggers is not "instant speed". Instant speed would be straight teleportation, which Dominator's Touch can't do (yet). If there's a delay, there's an opportunity to fuck with them. Whether or not the enemy has the capability to do so is a whole different can of worms.

Dex-chan lover
@ninjadork I had already forgotten the end of the previous chapter, so we can say the third law was only mostly forgotten. Whatever kinetic energy the dude had from his run, it's totally insignificant compared to the force to make, let's say, a 20 ton (that would be the same as an apatosaurus, but it's probably too little) monster fly like that. Of course the real problem is that his small fist hitting a hulking monsters like that with such force should have resulted if not in penetration, then in malformation of the target (as well as his own fist, haha, just like if you hit a concrete wall, you won't fall back, you break your fist), just like in your martial artist breaking bricks example.

This analysis is going too far, in any case, since my original point was merely how the two cases in the chapter behaved so completely differently, as dictated by plot convenience. But that's how punches always behave in 99% of manga/manhwa. If it was only that, I would have never said anything, but the plot just had to make him actively take advantage of the third law afterwards, which caught my attention.

@Kaarme You're making an assumption that both the MC and the demon have physical durability (want to say tensile strength but I think that's a poor choice of words) that matches up to the closest real world equivalent. I think it's fair to say they don't, because magic bullshit, especially since it's been said before that Hunters bear little if any relation to the usual performance characteristics of the human body. Also, all these panel cuts make it pretty much impossible to get an accurate read on how fast the MC is actually moving, or any of a dozen + other factors that would be relevant to this equation. For all we know, the MC was moving at multiple machs and we'd never know because of how the scene is portrayed.

And there's no such thing as an analysis going too far. We're presumably here for entertainment, and if we get our jollies out of picking apart flaws then why not? 😁

Will he make it back in time for his sister's school event? Tune in next week for another chapter of DBZ.

Thank you!!!
Also... REALLY, what’s the point in trying to estimate strength in fictional stories, I get that it’s fun and all to go into detail as I sometimes ponder very deeply into this shit as well, but here’s really no point, forms of power level, analogies of power comparison and etc all eventually get redundant and dropped. Although it is nice reading these types of comments as it makes me feel smart lol. Not really 😖.

Dex-chan lover
So he disappeared....Now, that's a hard nut to crack....if their would be a convenient phenomenon, that would allow people to vanish from earth...

@gaigous
well probably this is the last time you can see her. But don't worry, she is not the main female lead in this story

Users who are viewing this thread