Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 59

Dex-chan lover
'Too fast, I can't avoid it.'
Proceds to call for a minion and wait for it to throw his shield and them the shield gets to him before the attack lands....

Dex-chan lover
@Mystery0000

@mahtan

@degenerateafro

It’s not as clear in the manwah as in the novel, but what he meant by he can’t avoid it is that if he does, then that demon boss is gonna lay the smackdown on his shadow soldiers instead of him.

The shockwaves from its contant clubbing is a clear sign of its destructive power. Basically, he’s trying to avoid collateral damage to his shadow bois.

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous

There’s a certain girl who’s mostly the fave of the novel readers
and she’s only been mentioned in the manwah alongside the s-rank healer

Double-page supporter
@Serapheid That's anxiety-inducing, my ships aren't usually popular among fans, I have hope she won't be too bland though.

Group Leader
this fight also doesn't really interest me...i want to see more interactions between him and other hunters v_v

Group Leader
The manhwa lost some details about why mc can't avoid Vulcan attack because his soliders would get hit if he avoid the attack

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous

She’s quite likeable actually. She’s basically the strong, silent, adorable type, but well... let’s just say there’s a good reason she’s being cheered on.

The three previous girls before her are nice (like the B-rank mage) but don’t get as much development as her so it’s highly likely she’s the heroine.

Dex-chan lover
@Kanika

I know right? In all honesty, I think it’s just how Jinwoo said it is misleading. Maybe if he said something like “I can’t avoid this. Otherwise...”
Then the scene cuts to him looking at his soldiers or something

Double-page supporter
@Serapheid Sexy, interesting, and entertaining are my standard, but adorable, likable, sympathetic, and relatable are qualities I could easily do without.

This isn't entirely following the novel, there's some subtle differences.
Female lead shows up as part of Korea's strongest current guild soon, Chae Hae-in or something, I forgot. She's the strongest S-Rank in Korea, and has short hair and a shy personality. Can't wait to see what she looks like.

Contributor
@ninjadork

Don't want to get into your dispute, but as a martial artist myself, I can say that you're correct, at least from a practical point of view. Modern martial artists rarely break bricks, planks and stuff since nowadays with the spread of physiological knowledge everyone understands that this is definitely unhealthy. Even though, anyone who punches or kicks a sand bag regularly, can assure you that if the hit is successful, you won't get pushed back. And the more you train, the more force you can apply to a sand bag, but you'll notice that the recoil doesn't really increase that much. Proportions aren't direct at all. Obviously, it gets physically harder for your body, but you're not pushed back if enough force's been applied, like you stated.

Now if he was in space, that'd be a different story, but as has been noted, the only way for him to stay in air is to have velocity. The fact that the story is told using still images doesn't mean that objects in it are still too.

@N0Mi0 even in ancient martial arts, don't break brick or plank. Ancient martial arts regardless in Europa or Far East Asia, they focus more on two-men parrying.

Users who are viewing this thread