Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 61

Dex-chan lover
@The_DCG

It was stated and hinted through out the series that the new power was taking part of humanity with each level, and does things to help him detach. its also doing things like giving him pride, forcing him to kill when he didn't want to, recalling betrayal, forcing him to break away from his past self, and other such things. as the quote in one of the chapters "Those who hunt monsters must be wary, that they do not become monsters themselves."

Aggregator gang
Will he try to hide his strength, just go with the flow to get an S-Rank or try his hardest to know his limits?

Fed-Kun's army
His father totally destroyed that guy .
Nah he thought he become stronger himself so I doubt he will hide it

Aggregator gang
@Zantaryan AP are Ability Points, it's the Points he gets when leveling up or from quests.

About the humanity thing:
he is no longer Human, he is a Player

Group Leader
that moment when an s rank hunter gets crushed by mc's dad so hard the city didnt get totally destroyed

@Shakur No He is a BEATER.
In all seriousness He is a
Player
in a world that is an RPG every last hunter aside from him is basically treats hunters as NPC that has static level.

Is the novel good? Cuz in manhwa the storytelling is sorta poor and rushy. Comparing to moonlight sculptor for example.

omg omg omg omg...can't wait for the next chapter....is he gonna be an s rank officially or another twist coming i wonder😆

Dex-chan lover
Everything is so rigged to goat him to defeat the last boss of that hell. We've got a sweet item set for you, all that pretty XP and... Oh! Look! A magical "Cure It All" for your mom! That just sounds too good to be true. My guess is I won't like the effect no.2 of that complete item set.

Aggregator gang
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Why must we wait so long for each chapter!!!

Spoiler Warning:
@Dusken
The new key leads to another double dungeon in a C-rank dungeon. Sung Jin-woo will meet the creator of the system. It's still quite far off in the arc line, and I can't confirm if the guy is the real creator or just an avatar as I have stopped only one arc after he completes that double dungeon.
Second Spoiler Warning: Only read if you are curious about how the general idea of the next few arcs, no details will be revealed. There are mini-arcs in-between which won't be mentioned here, especially considering how the manga cuts down on mini-arcs from novel.
1. Re-test for S-rank
2. A-rank dungeon Solo Clear
3. Test result out
4. Demon Castle 2.0
5. Jeju Ant Raid S-rank epic complete team raid (Tank, Sub-Tank, Archer, Sensor, Healer, Mage)
6. Jeju Ant Raid almost Solo Clear
7. New guild
8. C-rank double dungeon
9. S-rank Gate Solo Clear

@Qelix not a spoiler since it's already explained in the chapter, but I'll put spoiler tag just in case.
Specifically Blessed Random Box gives player what they want. In this case, what Jinwoo wants most is to wake her mother up from Eternal Sleep which has had no cure to this day.

So the Blessed Random Box gives him a dungeon where it's final reward is a curative that can cure Eternal Sleep. The XP and items are just there as side-reward, since they are things that he wants too, but much less than waking his mother. If you recall, the system never gives Jinwoo anything bad, except for the Penalty Zone which is more of a motivation to help him grow stronger so don't expect anything here either.

@GerryCerryBery He has a good reason why he wants to re-test for S-rank - in this chapter, you can see him say that he is around S-rank when he went for re-test, so no reason to re-test if he is not confident to get S-rank nor any reason to hide his strength since the only reason he has been hiding his strength is so that no one finds out that he is a growing Hunter and tries to exploit his unique abilities/kill him before he gets too strong, like S-rank Hwang who wanted to kill him. Since S-rank is the highest rank, even if he grows further, no one will doubt him. Now the spoiler version.
The reason he exited the Demon Castle is because the Floors are getting hotter as he goes up to the point that his hp was dropping consistently just by being in the zone. He exited because there is no Fire-Resistance increasing item in the shop and he needs to buy it from real world.

However, to do that, he needs to sell his items for real money, and he needs his S-rank status so that no one would question him about how he got his hands on those rare items. An E-rank with a super-rare item will get question to no end about it and auctioneer might even turn him away before they verify the authenticity of the item.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, I'm sad that the lv 75 boss fight skipped a neat thing Jin-woo did in the novel:
As he seems to be a higher form of necromancer (Shadow Monarch), when the boss raised his army, Jin-woo used Arise on them (he can't Arise demons, but undead he apparently can) and turned a chunk of the boss' army against him, as well as using his normal own shadow soldiers

Also, it was always poor naming that the blessed/cursed box had Random in the name. It was never Random, the contents just would be different for different openers.

Users who are viewing this thread