Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 61

Dex-chan lover
@Trevelyan: The system never gave him something bad, huh? I give it to you, that might be true item, state and skill wise, but his character did change. In many parts for the better, but in some also for the worse. He became able to kill people, given bad people, yet still people in cold blood.
Theory
I suspect the system, to be a trojan horse. I have the theory, that it is there to transform him in at least two ways. 1. To make him stronger, but 2. to change his personality. I believe the system transforms him either into a loyal soldier or an avatar of that evil ruler deity from the first few chapters. I wouldn't be surprised if SJW (MC) turns into the key component of a coming invasion of the earth realm and he himself is, what his farther tries to warn the hunter organizations of.
Remember the three tests in that quest, that transformed him? Yield to the deity, entertain it and sacrifice to save your own life? How about: Acknowledge the systems might, follow its rules and bring sacrifices for your own gain.

Dex-chan lover
@KayRift they cant do that TOO often tho, or else itll become routine, i wouldnt be surprised if we run into something similar tho... or even the same boss again at some point

Dex-chan lover
Booo, no shadow soldiers to make fun dub out of it.

Well I'm happy that S-rank bastard got beaten up XD

@Trevelyan

Couple more things:

I guess the key is not exactly good news since it might lead to the story ending soon after, at least I hope he gets something good out of it.
In the arc "5" on your list, will Jin Woo be there? If not, is that arc going to follow 6 S hunters on their raid to show off their skills?
Is the arc where he romances a S rank considered a "mini-arc" then?
Will Yoo Jin-ho still have any role down the line?

@Dusken

Jinwoo will take part in the ant raid. I wont say more, it would only spoil the fun.

Regarding Jin-ho: I only read until chapter 136 so far, and there wasnt much about the guild yet, but I dont think that he will take much part in actual raiding, and more guild management. Jinwoo wants to name his guild "Solo Play", cause he needs no help. If that will change with other members at the end, I dunno. But seeing Trev saying he cleard an S-rank dungeon solo again, I guess there wont be much team raiding.
Cannot say much about the romance, but that one girl totally fell for him. I hope there will be actual romance and Jinwoo being in a relationship with someone. Would be nice for a change in these webtoons/novels.

i know this is really high rated, but is it actually worth the read? a dozen chapters in and the characters seem pretty darn stupid...

@AlphaDovah
Well it depends if you like stories like that and can "oversee" the flaws most of these stories got. If you dont like it, just move on and read something better. Noone can answer that question for you. You have to decide that for yourself.

Guys, do you know where I can read novel past 140th chapter in good quality ?

@BuLson
Nowhere. We have to wait until webnovel.com (aka Qidian) translates them. They sent every person/group who did translations cease and desist letters, since they translate it themselves now and want to publish/sell it in english. You can read it there in a few weeks, either with free stones from their site or you buy it. Or you wait and read it on a 3rd party site, which you will find quickly if you use google.

@Samishii23 okay. thank you for sharing your opinion. :)

@Elaine420 Im obviously asking for peoples opinions on the work, while giving my own (simplified) so far. for instance, what are the "flaws" you mentioned, and what has kept you (and others) reading to this point? "is it worth the read?" is literally, a request for others opinions. EVERYONE should be able to answer that question to some extent based on their experience reading it... please give me your opinion on the work or simply dont reply.

Dex-chan lover
@AlphaDovah

I bet you’re talking about the MC’s thoughts and decisions regarding the daily quest. I’d say his actions only seems stupid to anyone who understands gaming or fantasy logic.
The guy grew up mostly having to support his sick mom so it makes sense he wouldn’t know stuff you’d find in the literature we read nor the luxury of playing video games.

I was also skeptical at first, but if you’re into OP Fantasies (especially this one which is done right so far), with proper MC development, and lots of edge, then this is the right read.

Fed-Kun's army
yarrrr, was obvious it would happen, but still happy to see that S-rank baldy get rekt

I really wish we could have gotten at least one or two panels of his dad beating that guy's ass. Still super satisfying without it though. I'm not sure what AP supposed to mean in this story but from my own knowledge it stands for action points in turn-based RPGs. Not sure how that could apply to this story though.

Users who are viewing this thread