Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 72

Dex-chan lover
I watched this with Hiroyuki Sawano music and am now rocking back and forth in excitement.

@kronix
Well there was that time
They went to japan and spend the night in the middle of nowhere... all we need now is some artistic interpretation

Dex-chan lover
@Voij No, he waited because it was the Hunters' Guild that had bought the rights to that particular gate. He's not a member of the guild, he's just a separately hired porter. This means he hasn't got the right to fight there, to steal the other guild's prey and loot. He waited because before getting so easily beaten, the group leader wouldn't have listened to him when he asked for a permission to participate in the fight. He already fought once without a permission, so it's best not to push his luck. It's highly likely there are sanctions against rogue hunters invading gates bought by other guilds.

@Ksunder Thanks, but I'm going to read absolutely no spoilers whatsoever if I can help it.

Group Leader
I LOVE HIS FACE. I LOVE HOW HE STANDS. I LOVE HIM.

oh also. there's a hugeass barrier between each rank, so even between an S rank and A rank, there will be huge disadvantages, as we can see here. the mc is exempt obviously because he has mc powers (literally).

Double-page supporter
@Kaarme The rights belonging to the Hunter's Guild is why he didn't single-handedly clear it from the get-go. What I was referring to when I spoke of him waiting was that he didn't interfere immediately when the chieftain of the High Orcs was flinging the teamleader around. The group would've given him permission to fight with them if he showed any kind of strength prior to their leader being beaten up, but at the same time this would've meant that they'd fight with him, so they'd steal his exp.
He had to find a way to use his strength, without having the rest of the group find motivation to join him. So he had to wait until the team's leader was a bloody mess, so that the rest of the team was scared out of their wits and wouldn't even think about joining in on the battle.

The artist is just fantastic!! I read the novel well past this point, but rereading it and seeing it drawn out still brings thrills to me every time! Seeing this catch up more and more each week makes my week better. This and Peerless Dad.

Users who are viewing this thread