Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 8

Damn they're wasting their time, they've already read the 3 commandments, and they're acting like they forgot it already and panics when the statue moves again.

Dex-chan lover
they r acting? lets not forget that when u see death infront of you u cant stay calm and first thing u do is run

Only thing that bothers me about this arc (and it's a pretty small nitpick) is that it seriously doesn't take a genius to figure out that the 3 commandments were essentially rules to follow from the start.
They all act like they didn't just literally read it out loud as a group mere minutes ago. No wonder they're all so low ranked.... They have the intelligence of a damn potato.

Dex-chan lover
Those commandments were read by all of them still they can't use their brains... looks like they are not much of an intelligent being... and this is going to be tricky... may the plot armour protect all!!!

Dex-chan lover
@Happily_Grim
Shell shock. They just watched a dozen people get slaughtered right in front of them, "calm thinking" isn't something that happens easily in that situation.

I have to say, for any future reader who may thinks "the commandment says prove you faith, so don't run, duh!", I want to comment that it would be pretty reasonable for a lot of people (myself included) to feel like running might be the smarter option. This is actually choice

If you're standing there with an open door and statues approaching, I think most of us would feel unsure about much to trust that 3rd commandment with such pressure. Even without the pressure, it is conceivable that proving your faith means dying for your "faith". This would mean running for the door now sounds a slightly better option even if the chance of making it is low.

Double-page supporter
So they completed the riddle, So now the boss battle begins ?

Supporter
Ah I see, you're supposed to stay until the end, aren't you? To test your faith or whatever

Users who are viewing this thread