Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 94

Please consider using Jaiminisbox's work. This scanlation is blatantly ripping off of Jaiminisbox and making it even worse by "correcting" some lines that were great. Don't believe me? Do a side by side comparison. I'm not saying MangaDex is the epitome of righteousness but can you guys not use this Scanlation, it's annoying to me as a reader. I have to go back to Jaiminisbox every time to get a good translation, only to find out these guys have been ripping off half of it. Like, what the hell man?

@KEKW130113 then go read it on Jaiminsbox and quit whining. Also, did you consider the chance that both groups could of gotten their raws from the same place and translated it differently. but no instead you jump the gun. Also managadex can't use Jaiminsbox work, only Jaiminsbox staff can upload there stuff here, so unless they do it themselves, then you have 2 options read the version that is here and shut up about it or go to Jaiminbox and read it there.

Dex-chan lover
@Toriichii pitou, everyone's favorite catgirl chimera ant
latest

Double-page supporter
@Scrwd Just because the monsters leave the dungeon doesn't mean bullets will suddenly start working on them. If that were the case, dungeon breaks wouldn't be such a big deal. In fact, they might actually want dungeons to break because then they wouldn't need Hunters to fight them off. If rockets and bombs worked, they would have used them already.

I don't remember if the fundamental reason only Hunters can kill dungeon monsters has specifically been stated yet in the manhwa but
it's because dungeons and monsters have mana and Earth doesn't, with the exception of Hunters. Things that don't have mana will have little to no effect on things that do. The Jeju Island monsters originated from a dungeon, so it doesn't matter that they're now outside of one. They still can only be killed by Hunters.

This is it! The arc I've been waiting for! I can't wait to see a certain hilarious ant 😂

@JavelinJoe Yeah, they haven't stated Jin-Woo's reasons clearly in this chapter, which I think they will in future chapters.
Also, his father didn't disappear on Jeju Island. It was a different A-rank gate. Jeju Island gate opened some 3-4 years before the present time (don't remember the exact number), while Jin-Woo's father disappeared 10 years prior to the current events.
He also thinks he'll worry his mother if she knows her son is following in his father's footsteps considering the circumstances under which he disappeared.

Fed-Kun's army
@ KEKW130113

I'm a native Korean with full fluency in both English and Korean and JB's translation leaves much to be desired, especially when they hurry to be the first out. I've posted on Reddit several times correcting both JB's and this translation. Chapter 95 was particularly bad. I don't think anyone really served when the translation is rushed but JB will ALWAYS rush it because they know being the first out will get more eyeballs to their website and make them more money.

Below is what I posted about chapter 95.

Missed joke. The Korean JB translated as "running in first" is 덥치다 (dhup'chi'da) which is colloquially used when a guy forces himself on a woman. Not always "rapey" per se, but a strong connotation of very insistent, often physical, pursuasion. Still not a very nice way to characterize it. You could translate it as, "You always go humping at it whenever you see a monster" which explains why he got so indignant. And why others are laughing. Just imagine him looking amorous and trying to make a move on an ant...

edit: pretty loose translation all around. Nothing that would affect the story itself but I get the feeling that the translator just kind of filled in what sounded likely when he got a bit stuck. Other than that, whenever there was a chance to have a bit of flourish, he stuck to the most generic translation possible.

A few examples: the translation after "steel your nerves" is pretty much made up. It should be "you never know when they'll feel our presence and swarm in." After that, "Would this (plan) work against the ants?" "You never know until you try." "It's just for that possibility, we are here as defenders." "We have to kill the flying ants before they can get to the mainland." So their main role is to defend the mainland when the ants are roused and start to swarm out. This is necessary because even if the plan succeeds, it may leave the bulk of the ants alive, and now directionless, they might strike out in all directions including toward the Korean mainland. But the JB's translation pretty much leave out defending the mainland part. They later talk about 5000 hunters being positioned in the South of Korea, but the first line of defense are these hunters on the warships.

"Cringey if I say it" is also pretty much completely made up. 껄쩍지근 means "uneasy" or "unsettled." So it's "I feel uneasy sending you off like this, but do be careful."

On the 10 minute delay, JB said it was to edit out "mistakes" but the Korean doesn't mean that. 위험수위 means the level at which it is considered critically dangerous. It literally means "dangerous water level" as in times of flood where the water is rising past what would be considered safe for the dans and levees. So what it means is don't worry about excessive gore or explicit scenes, etc because they'll be edited out.

"Our duty to protect people..." Again, a pretty loose translation. It should be "A hunter needs something/someone to protect to live up to his role." But not too bad since it segues well with the next line.

"People have been wanting vengeance" is all made up as well as being grammatically incorrect. What he says it's "We tasted bitter defeat 3 times at Jeju island." (Literally "drank 3 cups of bitter drink")

Three are actually quite a few more. This is probably one of the worst translations I've read that JB has done, actually. In the end, they don't really affect the story but manwha is a written work too. Good writing matters in a written work. Bad translation, even if it more or less preserves the central story, takes away from that.

Dex-chan lover
@sketches damn
I tought he would appear vs the ants to show that the protagonist can get stronger
I'm excited to see him now haha

Nice Beru finally appeared, excited for this arc to finally begin.

Dex-chan lover
they have way to few hunters to defeat the ants. If Hunter x Hunter have taught me anything, it is that you need an all powerful person, who is our MC in this case. I also just now realised why he put those shadow soldiers in the shadows of the other hunters. if they fail which they most likely will, he can teleport there directly and save the day! :D

what did Baek Yoon-Ho mean when he said time to initiate plan B in regards to forming a relationship with Sung Jin-Woo? do we find out later what he meant?

also who is the guy that speaks english that wants to meet with Sung Jin-Woo?

Fed-Kun's army
Haha, Would've loved it if the shadow knight did some kind of a "Salute pose" in front of Jin Ho. Good job MC, protecting his turf.

Dex-chan lover
Until he explain his reasoning im actually awfully disappointed... if the ants can easily destroy their country and even the strongest of Japan and Korea wont dare to face all ants instead are using tactics to precisely attack the queen... why would he not participate? Excess of confidence? If he can keep his loved ones safe is enough?
Is it to not worry or hurt his mother losing another family member to the Jeju island?

Users who are viewing this thread