Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 95

Double-page supporter
Please keep this quality up. Rather than just trying to be first.

EDIT: Thank you vey much for chapter!

(I don't know why I'm typing this and maybe I shouldn't but I want to so fuck it)
Guys, it's not a big deal.
Last chapter I made a dumb comment due to a few mistakes because I never looked into shit before typing and I am sorry to the team:
1. I didn't know whose work came out first.
2. I didn't know that you guys have a team and I thought you just make deals with Scanlation teams to put their works here.
3. I didn't know JB was a competitor against you guys and pushed the idea.

Once again I apologize if I made anybody from the team uncomfortable and especially I want to thank the translator for replying and explaining to me.

(Though I don't really care about some random internet troll calling me a whiner because of his own projection of insecurities.)

I'm not saying I've figured out this situation but I'll clarify my reasoning for making the previous comment. That was because the English language presented here is extremely unnatural, to the point where I was sure that it was an attempt to rip off of other translation works. And I'm not sure if you view this as a problem or even think it exists at all but to me personally, it sounds/reads very unnatural, almost as if the target language is the translator's second language, which is an issue I understand too well. You see, English is also my 2nd language and I do work as an interpreter for events dealing with English, Mandarin Chinese, and Vietnamese. I am Vietnamese and of course, when I see mistranslations in movies, during press conferences in the news, documentaries, etc., it also erks me. So do believe me when I say I understand your frustrations upon reading JB's mistranslations and a reader saying that he/she prefers that and for that I'm sorry. But if you could understand my perspective as a reader going through, not mistranslations, but unnatural language due to excessive amount of information cramped into small bubbles stringed together by the reader's thread of faith that it'll all makes sense in the end, you'll see where I'm coming from.
And I cannot criticize your translation work because I do not know a single Korean word but I do know English and there's a bit of problem in my view.
I do appreciate your work ethic and as someone in the same line of occupation. I hope to see more of it and maybe your improvements from taking my advice.
Or you could simply brush this off because I understand that you might only being doing this in your free time and/or as a side project.

I only want to give you some feedback because I really liked what you commented and you've got me very interested in this situation where JB prioritizes time over quality, which is also another part of tranlations.

I'm definitely checking your work if I see any inconsistencies in JB's work. And I'm grateful for any post of in-depth explanation on anything, including jokes/slangs/cultural expressions/etc., that you might have.

I wish you success in whatever you intend to work on and hope you won't be discouraged because of how tough it might get.

Dex-chan lover
@Eienge
Any group that doesn't upload here is irrelevant, so no other relevant groups have done this chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
@Eienge Don't care;

-both of them have sold out to google for plug-ins,
-both of them are collections of thin-skinned wankers,
-neither post here.

Not posting here makes them irrelevant; actually knowing them makes them something to actively avoid.

Dex-chan lover
So if anyone knows, I don't mind getting spoiled. Is the MC going to participate in any way? I feel like him not going to the island ia fakeout.

Fed-Kun's army
ThePaulBunyanTrophy is on board now? No wonder the translation is on point.

Dex-chan lover
@Ingway
He does join. But only once things get fucked. However it will be awesome. Without spoiling too much of what happens, lets just say the current team is like a bunch of preschoolers trying to sweep up a room with those little hand held brushes. MC is like the teacher who brought his entire crew from his side job, who all have brought a shop vac from home and are tired of waiting for the kids to finish.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else creeped out by the serial killer look in the big guy's eyes? He's so kind and sweet, but the eyes just make me wary of him.

Sung Jin Wo is probably just gonna teleport to the island with one of the shadows he left in some of the guys

Up next: Sung Jin Woo and some irrelevant characters that needs help vs. Meruem

Dex-chan lover
i didnt even recognise the healer girl from the first chapters
glad that shes a character

Users who are viewing this thread