Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 99

Dex-chan lover
@Garlyle

It stopped being clever or funny to compare this arc to HxH ages ago.

Yes, things are different. Just wait.

@astalm

Imagine, a manhwa named Solo Leveling where the MC solos most things. The other hunters were never relevant power-wise to the story - but they are very important for development and character interaction. The scope of the story is much, much bigger than this. This part here, this arc with the ants, is the turning point. Relax.

@pocman512

Calling things that aren't even finished a letdown. Did you even read the WN? Chill and wait.

All of you geniuses complaining that everything sucks have no idea what you're talking about, because there's a lid on things that'll start coming off soon. All of your whinging is handled in-story.

Dex-chan lover
@arsenalbr I think the ant arc starts around ch 115.

Also wished this chapter was handled better since they're probably going to milk this part.
before Jin Woo suddenly appears.

Oh wow, the not-Meruem simply beheaded every Japanese character it met, while it didn't even touch a single Korean head? At least the healer died (probably). I wonder why only Koreans have the plot armor, hm?

"Korea numbuh wan, Korea stronk, Nippon bad" - Author probably, 2019.

All the S ranks except for protagonist are dead now? Good. Because its time for SS rankers to come in!

@astaim
Its almost like its called Solo Leveling or something like that. Its almost like this story is about a guy who Solo's everything. Weird.

Dex-chan lover
Ant could not speak but I could clearly hear a "My queen" " you humans... shall pay this in blood"
Amazing art, thanks for translating mates.

@Lord_Hentai
I mean you're not wrong about the korean hunter head thing buuuuut none of the japanese hunters were on guard for giant death ant while the korean hunters were actively trying to defend at least. notice how seemingly the only japanese hunter to not get beheaded was trying to fight the ant? Granted he got defeated from a single slash but that's somewhat reasonable considering he was a mage and glasses mage prob woulda had the same treatment had the healer not healed him. In the ln
when Goto fights the ant, he gets paralysed from fear and instakilled
which is kind of a similar case.

Also the plot armor can easily be explained by the fact that most of the korean hunters are recurring characters? Like the woman is a potential love interest, the white tiger dude we saw on several occasions and the same with glasses mage. It's almost like like these guys have at least some level of importance. Meanwhile the healer got kakyoin'd, the tank got the loki treatment, and the camera man can't die or else the mainland doesn't get to panic before jin woo comes in to save the day and look like a god in their eyes.

You seem really on guard for the whole "nationalism" thing too, and I don't blame you bc I noticed some of the same things in GATE as well and some elements will appear in the future because Jin woo is Jesus and can do literally no wrong. However, we also have to consider that the island raid wouldn't even be possible without the Japanese using their technology to even let them get close to the queen at all, suggesting that korea's behind in the ways of technology. You'll also notice that a lot of the things you nitpick about aren't to be found in the source material and are just added in for dramatic effect. The ln also suggests that the Japanese could have taken on the raid by themselves the whole time and was just using it as an excuse to trap and kill the korean's strongest hunters so that they could take over or some shit so take that as you will.

Users who are viewing this thread