Solo Leveling - Vol. 2 Ch. 119

@Qira_adan there's bound to be some amount of self-preservation at play here, he knew something was coming FAST, so he dropped the girl to back away from the impact which is why he yelled "brace for impact" the next panel... going from grabbing the girl to noticing the MC to backing away should be all in a tiny time frame of a few seconds

Dex-chan lover
When you name yourself, you must first hear the name of other. As a punishment, for naming yourself without waiting for your opponent to name himself, die.

For some reason all this orc here or high orc there, been getting some WoW vibes, Grommash “Grom” Hellscream, Leader Of The Warsong Tribe!

Yeah pretty much every "big shot" in Solo Levelling is a "Big fish in a small pond" type of person...
I am kinda used to it now but the MC beating them is always a treat @ w@b

@OwO-sama hmm that would make sense. I thought for a second Korea just had a weird obsessions with cold, emotionless protags. Was just reading kill the hero and was thinking how much I hate the MC in that too. Guy is a cold asshole who doesn't have much of a personality.

@HereForUnordinary welp despite the art quality of the manhwa being epic....it doesn't really portrays the feelings of the mc at all.... If you try out the novel, I will be waiting for you to see the scene when his mom comes out of the comatose

Dex-chan lover
@botanics I thought it was more like the usual "killing intent freezes you" thingy. The "die" comment was actually from MC, and that together with the killing glare of MC+dragon froze the plain orc like a deer in headlights. And if it had only been headlights he might have recovered, but then his main brain (as opposed to just lizard brain) started agreeing with the gut feeling that "something very bad is coming, gtfo ya fool".

@OwO-sama I don't think it doesn't portray the feelings of the MC, but I agree that the light novel does a better job at it. I think you have this feeling because you came here after reading the LN first, but the thing is a manhwa can't possibly portray feelings as good as a LN. Words are always better at portraying feelings than drawings, because you can take your time to do a long description. But if you do the same thing with a manhwa, it'd kill the flow and people will complain that it's too slow. Like the scene from the previous chapter, when he finds out his sister is being attacked while in a dungeon : in the LN he panicks realizing he can't use soul transfer because of the cool down, and the scene feels emphasizes on his train of thoughts. But if you tried to do the same in a manhwa, then it would feel as if there is no progression and as if the chapters are getting slower. There are tons of manhwas out there that focus on the thought process of the MC and all, and... most of them are quite bad tbh, because the pacing feels too slow.

But on the other hands, the fighting scenes feel WAY better and WAY more dynamic in a manhwa. I've always felt that LNs do a terrible job at creating good fighting scenes. That's why I think both supports have their own advantages and disadvantages, and I don't think comparing the two really is a fair comparison. The manhwa will focus more on the action scenes because that's the strong point of manhwas, and the LN will focus more on the feelings/train of thoughts because that's the strong point of LNs.

lolololololol get fucked dumbass orc bitches cant wait for them to get shitted on tbh

@Kekitus great thinking indeed! My brain was hazy from all that over work yesterday so I might haven't mentioned the things you did but yes I can't help myself but agree to your viewpoint lmao. I believe that if one is looking for character depth for a manhwa character, the web novel is a must for em

Users who are viewing this thread