Solo Leveling - Vol. 2 Ch. 133

Jin-Ho be setting some major death flags there xD. Though, I won't really mind that much if he dies lol. Sure it will be sad, but I don't think it will much of an impact for us, though it will certainly have for Jin-Woo. That's another opportunity to see him go berserk.

It's just me or not, but that Yoo Jin ho long shirt has a flag Indonesian, but they're going to Japan
XD

Dex-chan lover
@Thanatos i'm not saying they aren't assholes, i'm saying pebbles and fucking boulder mate. you can't compare betraying a dussin hunters and the guild master deliberately trying to make sure no one would try and help japan dooming 160 million people to either flee the nation or die.

like i've said several times Japan's plan was to let them die and then when the Korea no longer had any S ranks they would step in, take down the ants and "protect" Korea my taking them as a protectorate/vassal. asshole move yes but in the end they wanted to fucking save Korea, they didn't betray them so that the ants could take over Korea, they always planned to take care of the ants and protect Korea from them. why are you not understanding this?

Fed-Kun's army
the japan raid was my favorite part in the whole light novel this is going to be good, it's a shame they didn't draw out the announcement of Seong helping out japan in more detail with the association prez's speech that was a very powerful moment in the novel, anyways I am satisfied.

Dang when I first read about those giants in the web novel I legit thought they were going to be just 80 metre class titans with slenderman-like physiques XD

@Doomer i do understand that, tbh i only read your first post. however a Vassal country is completely different from a country depending on another.
Also, what if they all died? Korea would be overwhelmed by Ants dooming the country because they let the Korean Hunters to die instead of working together.
They made the Plan without assessing the whole situation.
Do you really think it would be the end? Japan would harass even more and more now that it had Korea by its balls, if they pulled that dick move when they were at "peace" imagine after.
The only thing that i didn't like from what you said in the first post was the whole "oh japan just wanted..."
It's all good, i get your point.

@Liquidxlax Honestly, i spoke of countries because its easier.

@Doomer The Japanese civilians didn't deserve it, yeah. But it's not like SJW has an obligation to save them or anything. For all he knows, he could die there. If he he puts his own life and family above 160 million strangers, it's understandable.

@ChickenScratch Even if people hate their govt for what they did, abuses happen in every war, more so in the past then in modern times. In this case the author should be targeting the japanese govt or the officials responsible. but writing it so their civilians die while the MC sits around is more or less the author showing his hate for the entirely of the japanese people by killing many of them when there is no reason to. His novel went even further. Put it this way, If this gate break happened in korea and he heard about it, would he have gone to help to save lives or would he have just stayed home? His own countrymen would see him as a traitor and inhuman if he did nothing and let their people die. Keep in mind, there are children being killed. If he has the power, and he does... what human could sit idly by while kids are being killed in massive numbers? He could even send his shadows without lifting a finger himself. Since the japanese could take 2 of them out and one of his shadows is stronger then every other hunter out there, there is no doubt he could have handled it.

As an aside...i find it a bit BS that the mc says 'i cant heal her father because i dont know if hes a good man'. If he doesnt know enough about him, then the simple solution is to simply have a shadow monitor him, or monitor the guy himself, or hire someone to monitor him, or test him... but to simply say 'well i dont know if hes a good man so i wont help him' is just an excuse.

These are probably the only two things that the author has done that bother me. Though its possible the second one was a TL issue. ie. if he said "i cant heal her father YET because i dont know if hes a good man", then that leaves room in his meaning where he might investigate the father before giving it to him. But if the author is just saying "i only have a little bit of this, i cant waste it on other people" then he shouldnt hide his meaning and should be honest about it.

Dex-chan lover
@CosmicCat1543 i never had a problem with MC going or not going, it's his decision if he wants to risk his life for another nation, the only one i had a problem with was the old man who deliberately did everything he could to ensure that japan and it's people would be doomed.

Users who are viewing this thread