Solo Leveling - Vol. 2 Ch. 143

Aggregator gang
@redmikan
I'm just asking whether or not they'd have the same kind of powers, as we still don't know why MC has lvling capabilities even if the shadow monarch powers reside within him. Do all monarchs have such powers of lvling, or is it solely only the shadow monarch? If all monarchs can, will rulers have same capabilities because they should be able to rival the powers of monarchs. For the longest time rulers and monarchs were in a stalemate, so it implies that they have similar lvls of powers. Whether those powers will manifest itself in the form of lvling for people, we have no idea as of now within the manga. I won't say more, I heard some stuff from others, but those are spoilers and things that happened within the LN supposedly.

@goodhunter Oh ok that makes sense! Thanks for replying! The rulers aren't talked about much in the manhwa, I only know they can control monsters and is in war with the monarchs so I hadn't really thought about their powers :O And tbh I thought only the monsters could make a connection with humans because of the labyrinths haha. Interesting, that really didn't cross my mind haha. I heard some things about the LN too about the shadow monarch but I'm not too sure about the details either. Anyway, hope we get some answers soon. But this battle would probably last 2 chapters maybe..

We all know damn well if Sung Jinwoo finds him first, he will have a free ticket to hell and back. Or maybe just a round-trip a couple dozen times.

Dex-chan lover
"Don't mind me, just casually unleashing an army of undead monsters in your city, I'm just looking for my friend, no big"

@goodhunter You might have missed this info. The whole point of leveling is for the MC to own a body that can withstand the power of shadow monarch. If you rewind the story back where jinwoo get the blackheart the architect is confused by the fact that jinwoo remain the same and not taken by the real one.

As to why there is a need to find and train a human to be the vessel of shadow monarch? i cant tell you that. Can the other monarch leveled up? They are the top of the foodchain, each of them have their own mastery, they are not bound by a system, its them that able to make system in the first place. So for such a being, leveling is out of the question.
The thing with MC here is out of the usual and the other monarch are still their own self and about ruler, the story will tell about it better than i can. enjoy the ride :D

Thanks for the chapter.

@Bl00dw0rk701 He switches positions with the shadow. Think Zed from LoL. The shadow takes the position he's currently at and he takes its place. Therefore if the author doesn't explicitly tell us that Jinwoo placed a shadow on a character after switching once then we're left with a schrödinger's cat situation on said character until the author clarifies it. So in this case I understand why you would call bullshit however that's how the author decided on it.

Also taking into account that the previous time he switched shadows he was doing so under the melancholy and reflection of his own family circumstance when saving the father of a close friend, it's hard to say whether or not you could fault a person for forgetting.

I personally believe that the narrative for this circumstance is reasonable and completely feasible.

@Nutz imo it does makes sense but it's still bs. from my perspective it felt similar to a deus ex machina where random shit happens that could theoretically happen, but like hella unsatisfying. i mean it was established that he sent his shadows around the city and to various people, which was not further detailed, which set expectations that he can reach all people close to him in case of emergency. now for convenience this was ignored.

instead of a random "oh no he forgot sth outside of his screen time, now there's a problem", it would be better if the reader were shown him not assigning the shadow for whatever reason or him wasting his teleport (which has cooldown if i remember correctly) before that, after which his feelings about screwing up and regret can be understood and empathized with by the readers.

in the ln, jin-woo shatters that entire floor of the facility and causes an earthquake after failing to extract kamish. and also when jin-woo found out about jin-ho getting kidnapped, people in the city noticed their shadows vibrating because his shadows could sense his rage and trembled involuntarily.

Users who are viewing this thread