Solo Leveling - Vol. 3 Ch. 200 - Side Story 21

Dex-chan lover
If you had told me I would love a series about a shadow necromancer, and my favorite character would be a giant ant with feelings, I would've called you nuts.

But here we are. The Beru fight against the son made this epilogue worth it by itself lol. And the rest was great also.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter is a bit odd - why show how he ended up in a party with the healer at the beginning, then show him together with his wife?
It'd have a lot more impact if the healer was someone very important to the story, but she drops out after the first story arc with the first dungeon - that's to say; she wasn't important to us the readers in any real way.

It'd have made more sense if she was the wife later in the story, but as it is, is a rather odd inclusion in the very last chapter.

Edit:
Ah I should also say, thanks for translating this, it was a fun read etc. etc.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad I found out about the side stories. This was a great ride from the beginning of the main story to end. And it was a joy being a part of it with all of. :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
What an exceptional manhwa through and through. Even the side story ending hit super hard. 11/10 at least.

Was here for the beginning and was here for the end. Was a nice ride with the greatest story to boot, thanks for having me.
- July 21st, 2023. -New senior during summer break.

Ok so they didnt just randomly meet this random guy pulled string behind the back? who cares?
What is this supposed to signify? That he always had support? Thats a weird message to end the "I do everything alone" story on
Also am I reading it wrong or does the dialogue imply that jin-woo is somehow missing doing something elsewhere?
So he came back LARPed as a cop for a bit and then fucked off back to shadow wonderland to do god things? Well any excuse goes for him to not make any effort to better the world I guess
You gotta keep in mind that he's a veritable god living among normal mortals. There'd only be so much he could do directly without essentially "enslaving" manking to the horrific realization that there's someone out there that could erase them at a whim. Awe can turn into envy and fear very quickly, and charlatains wouldn't be above rilling people up against him to prop themselves up. And demands would never be far from him, I mean, no offense, even if this is comming out like it, be here you are demanding even more from him. Others would demand even more. And more. And before you know it,  he is the one enslaved.
Plus, he saved 99,9% of humanity once already, that's plenty of weight for one single person to have carried. He isn't the planet's buttler to police every street and whatnot, forever, "under the threat of being called a bad person if he lets bad things happen".

He  did better the world. More than "angels" ever managed after who knows how many do overs: not one person died in the war against the monarchs. It  did take effort.

Dex-chan lover
You gotta keep in mind that he's a veritable god living among normal mortals. There'd only be so much he could do directly without essentially "enslaving" manking to the horrific realization that there's someone out there that could erase them at a whim. Awe can turn into envy and fear very quickly, and charlatains wouldn't be above rilling people up against him to prop themselves up. And demands would never be far from him, I mean, no offense, even if this is comming out like it, be here you are demanding even more from him. Others would demand even more. And more. And before you know it,  he is the one enslaved.
Plus, he saved 99,9% of humanity once already, that's plenty of weight for one single person to have carried. He isn't the planet's buttler to police every street and whatnot, forever, "under the threat of being called a bad person if he lets bad things happen".

He  did better the world. More than "angels" ever managed after who knows how many do overs: not one person died in the war against the monarchs. It  did take effort.
Reductive take.
Hes immortal, has near limitless loyal goons, power, can brainwash and teleport.
He has all the time to shape and nudge the world in whichever direction needed just doing nothing is horribly irresponsible.
He could show up and pronounce himself as the second coming of christ.
He could use his limitless shadow dude labor to boost progress in whichever direction be it infrastructure or agriculture.
Solve world hunger. Bring 3rd world countries up to speed. Help the entire world to go 100% green in record time.
Hell he could just call himself the demon lord and FORCE the world to act up and unite as one people.
Nobody is truly free everyone is living under laws and rules made by whoever at the behest of whichever money man decided to put them into power or are you going to argue that the illusion of freedom and choice justifies all evil and should be left undisturbed forever?
He has the time. The power. The incentive. Theres no reason for him to do nothing its unjustifiable.
Also lets not forget that they are still living in a fantasy magic god universe and his presence will keep attracting more wuxia bullshit forever so its not like there is any real chance for things to "continue as normal" in the first place.

• Thinking
Reactions: GK
Fed-Kun's army
There were some really good things narratively, but I feel like the writer got too caught up in wanting the mc to win. The quality wasn't diminished significantly by that fact, but there were definitely some disappointments because of it. Time being rewound really crippled the significance of the narrative and was compensated for by having most of the relevant characters' memories restored, which was too contrived. It would have been better if it had just ended at the moment that the dragon monarch was killed the first time and wrapped everything up with the world healing from the war. I also disliked that the mc was always superior or comparable in strength to every human he met. He was never in a position of having to respect another human's strength which diminished the depth of his character in my eyes. I also didn't like the fact that he scaled so hard that even the sum of all of the other hunters' powers was insignificant in comparison to just him. It killed the agency of the other characters and relegated them to the background.

Dex-chan lover
I like this waaaaaaaaaay better than how it originally ended, these side stories were just perfect even leaving me wanting more, I'm a bit sad that this is the end also where the heck did tusk get that jacket from
Beru made it for him lol. The chapter where his orb got reworked into a staff

Users who are viewing this thread