Solo Leveling

“H-hyung-nim…”

Perhaps because the ground rumbled loudly twice in a row? Yu Jin-Ho had regained his consciousness somehow.

“Hyung…. nim….”

Jin-Woo lowered his body and listened closely to the kid’s voice.

“Hey, Jin-Ho. I’m here.”

Yu Jin-Ho managed to crack open his swollen eyelids. He barely managed to move the muscles on his bloodied and messed-up face, his words clearly being formed with great difficulty.

“Hwang Dong-Su… little brother… Hwang Dong-Seok…. Be careful…”

Jin-Woo looked at Yu Jin-Ho breathing weakly with a helpless expression before stopping the kid’s words.

“Shh. It’s fine. Don’t speak anymore.”

“Hyung-nim….”

Yu Jin-Ho grabbed Jin-Woo’s hand as tears pooled on the edges of his eyes.

Jin-Woo quietly asked.

“Can you hold on for a little longer?”

Nod, nod.

It became harder to speak so Yu Jin-Ho made do with a nod to answer the question.

Jin-Woo carefully let go of his dongsaeng’s hand and slowly got back up to his feet, before shifting his gaze back over to Hwang Dong-Su.

However, Hwang Dong-Su didn’t back down and shot a glare right back. His legs were weakly trembling from the pressure of Jin-Woo’s murderous eyes, but he was not someone who’d cower and run away.

In the meantime, Jin-Woo’s coldly-flickering eyes were getting closer and closer. Hwang Dong-Su did his best to look unruffled and raised his voice.

“It was you, wasn’t it? You killed my older brother, Hwang Dong-Seok. Am I right?”

Hwang Dong-Su’s scared face grew closer with every step taken. And then, a certain someone’s face who enjoyed being strong against the weak, but remained weak against someone stronger, overlapped with his face in Jin-Woo’s view.

That caused his glare to become even colder.

Meanwhile, Hwang Dong-Su cried out.

“Answer me!! Seong Jin-Woo, didn’t you murder my brother and his team?!”

Jin-Woo stopped right in front of Hwang Dong-Su’s nose and replied.

“Ask him after you meet him again.”

Not joking but I fucking love this ..... It's so amazing and it makes you feel super interested in the series .... Love this 😆

still waiting for this, i want to see his Predecessor, the one who give him The Legacy of Shadow Sovereign

[I have become you, and you have become me.]

‘I am you.’

That was the undeniable truth, with not an ounce of falsehood within.

[It won’t matter who gets to control our body, whether it’s me or you.]

Because… they were the same person now.

[And that is why… I shall give you the opportunity. Now, choose.]

The Shadow Sovereign raised his left hand and all those faces Jin-Woo missed seeing appeared one after another.

[You can enjoy eternal rest inside this beautiful dream you have created within the territory of death.]

First, it was the face of the gently-laughing Association President Goh Gun-Hui, followed by his young-looking mother well before she collapsed from the illness. And finally, even the scene of his much younger self that existed within the time now long forgotten, drew up in the darkened surroundings.

[However, if you don’t want that….]

The Shadow Sovereign lowered his left hand raised the right one, instead. In an instant, all those faces disappeared, only to be replaced by a humongous Dragon flying in from the darkened sky high above. And then, an army entirely consisting of countless Dragons following after it to incinerate every city they could find.

[….You shall return to reality and fight them.]

Jin-Woo stared at the Army of Destruction led by the Dragon Emperor with a hardened face before making his reply.

No, he asked a question, instead.

“Why did you run away to another world with the other Sovereigns when you had no desire to fight against the Rulers?”

[Because… there was no place for me to remain anymore.]

The Shadow Sovereign was a Ruler and at the same time, a Sovereign. And he couldn’t find the place he could call home with either group. That was why he chose to wander in other worlds he was not originally a part of, hoping to find his place.

Hearing the Sovereign’s answer, Jin-Woo finally made his decision.

“My answer is the same.”

An imperceptible smile had already floated up on the Sovereign’s face even before Jin-Woo made his reply.

“This is not where I belong.”

[….Very good.]

The Shadow Sovereign nodded, saying, [That’s why I chose you.]

“Does this mean I won’t ever get to see you again?”

[I shall be taking my eternal rest. And as the new Shadow Sovereign, you shall live an eternal life. Surely, there won’t be a reason why we have to meet again.]

Despite saying those words, there was the look of a relieved man on the Sovereign’s face. Finally, the time of rest had come after an eternity of waiting.

Jin-Woo watched the Sovereign genuinely feeling happy for himself and bade his last goodbye.

“I want to thank you for giving me this opportunity.”

[…….]

For a brief moment there, a look of wistful longing brushed past the Sovereign’s expression before disappearing altogether.

[With your death, your powers have become complete. As for how to return, its….]

Jin-Woo stopped him there.

“I know.”

Because… I am you.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

The last page gives me Bleach manga feeling like when things are about to go down..... "BANKAI!". If you all know what I mean :p

I would also like mods to delete last added chapter. My eyes bleed and site already blacklisted

@_Kuuhaku_
[...]but couldn't the shadow have warned our MC the moment 'his queen' and the strongest member of the korean got punched the fuck out? Or was out shadow taking a nap? This mistake is the only real mistake that always gets me out of this story.
But, see, then Goto couldn't fulfill his only purpose, which is to get his ass beaten to make the MC look better, just like every other non-MC Hunter in this story.

Seriously, the fact that everyone except the MC is basically Krillin is my main gripe with this series so far. Having an OP hero isn't bad in and of itself, but at least let the other characters do something important every now and then, otherwise the purpose of the whole setting ends up being nothing more than glorifying the MC, making it a vehicle for cheap wish-fulfillment.

ch100 Off: Only I think that, a hydrogen bomb is better on an uninhabited island, than soldiers? 😈

Apero: Bomb to the Ant colony, of course. In the chapter 100, hunters (soldiers) came from all over the world. Whose? Choice one. Nevermind.

Users who are viewing this thread