Solo Leveling

Dex-chan lover
Every scalantor group and their mothers seems to want to do this series. Well, as long as they do quality...

@Tyraster
That's the point. He is a shadow monarch. He isn't going to stay as a human. So he's going to get very OP. However, I think the author is not so good at writing and expand a story with OP character. It's been and going to be a bit boring for me, if it continues as it is in the novel. His character comes off as arrogant. I end up hating him and liking the other side characters instead. His character is going to be just like a typical OP character in most Chinese wuxia/xianxia imo. Maybe it's just me.

@Anonime The art and ngl it was brilliant in the beginning. Now it's just so-so, still a good read to pass time. Story wise, to me, no manga has ever managed to top HunterxHunter. But I still enjoy the art very much. Best manhwa art so far. The MC is I think the 2nd most handsome character after Claude in Who made me a princess. So I also put a great hope for Omniscient Readers Viewpoint. It is produced by the same studio, so the art is as great as this. Plus it has much much better story. A great potential!

Fed-Kun's army
Oh god I can already feel the rush by scanlation groups to claim this series since the old group seems to be either slow or doesn't know its back. Probably gonna be a sniping war for the first few chapters

The fact that theres some of you who literally click on this to say ‘trash’ because it has an overused plot of the MC going from weak to OP, but you probs haven’t even read a good amount of chapters (or even any) to see how well the story is executed grinds my gears. This manhwa is easily a 10/10. No disagreement to that. This whole story is always interesting and the author knows how to keep the readers hyped and hooked on reading. Plus, the main character is so likeable, not stuck up and gets shit done. (Also he’s an absolute hottie🥵,Best glow-up)

Damn, I seem to remember liking this, but coming back to it, it really seems worse than I remember.

The plot is perfectly serviceable as your generic overly-serious korean power fantasy, not exactly groundbreaking but I've definitely read worse. If you like that kind of thing (I usually do!), you want find too much wanting.

I think the bit that really fails it is the art, and not in the way it usually fails. Literally any panel involving motion seems to have far, far too many motion lines, effects, sound effect text, and just general shit in it to make it easy to tell what the fuck's going on. If it was the occasional doublespread or intense action scene this'd be acceptable, but since it's meant to be an action strip it's like a solid 50% of the fucking art. I literally do not have the time to strain my eyeballs to work out where characters are and what they're doing.

It's kind of unfortunate that the long strip format really seems to let it down in this regard. The author has had to result in literally tilting scenes to 80 fucking degrees to try and fit in the scale and detail of what they're drawing, and it just really ruins it.

Again, it's kind of sad because most of the other stuff is pretty good. The detailing work and (non-human) character designs are good, and kept me interested longer than I think I would have been normally. (The human designs are the standard either over the top or overly serious designs that I can't ever seem to quite stomach in these (usually korean) strips.)

@likklnisa ive read the whole thing and its not exactly ground breaking, its literally just a ripoff of The Gamer. MC is definitely the worst part, he's either illogical or a borderline psychopath by the end of season one.

What I hate about people saying that this is garbage, is that this same garbage has made Manhwas more famous in general.

@shinobanana they are similar but I wouldn’t say a rip-off considering the RPG fantasy genre is rlly popular in korea. Plus, i’ve heard that a lot of people enjoy SL more then The Gamer. You could also call ‘ I Am The Sorcerer King’ a rip-off of SL if you wanted to 🤷🏽‍♀️ It’s just a xy > xy > xy > game but everyone has their different opinions even if they don’t matter.

Why are people calling this trash...and comparing it to The gamer....frankly I've read both and I think both are just different in terms solo leveling being minddddd blowingly spectacular...the gamer inturn is a fun read but it's just that SL is ........ Superior...and ppl stop coming to comments section just to speak utter garbage

For everyone who said SL is shit, I seriously want to see your manhwa/manga/LN/WN recommendation list of this genre since I have been reading all kind of stuff in this genre and rarely came across something better or even similar in quality. Yes SL also has many things it lacks but it is still a masterpiece and superb compared to others in the same genre. Please enlighten me oh the mighty one !

Users who are viewing this thread