Solo Leveling

so from what i have seen, mc was turned in to a vessel by this monarch who now resides within him and he is put i. The position where he must improve is power with by leveling after reawakening given to him by the system in order to prepare is body as a proper vessel for the monarch to take over our world? I havent read the wn but am i far or kinda close?

@redsox02
Correct with the vessel part but incorrect in terms of taking over the world. I don't know how much into the spoilers you want to read so read at your own discretion because it's quite a BIG SPOILER:
The monarchs are the ones that are evil, like the Demon monarch and the Ice one we've seen a bit so far. The one that's in the MC's body is the Shadow Monarch but compared to the other ones he is not evil and does not want to take over the world, he is also considered the strongest monarch followed by the Dragon one. So the Shadow Monarch is essentially preparing the MC to take on his full power and fight against the other Monarchs. The ones the humans call Kings are referring to the other Beings (known as Sovereigns in the novel) that show the bright light, like Selna talked about. But unlike the MC's the people called Kings only have a shard of light, so a fragment of the full power of the Sovereigns. They are also the ones who created the dungeons etc. in hopes to prepare the humans against the Monarchs.

I finished the web novel, but I didn't read from the very beginning(just read from the point where 2nd season of the manhwa start) I must say -> soft spoiler ahead
There are some parts that I don't like and I'm not a big fan of the ending, eventhough the extra chapters are nicely done. Those extras are probably one of the best part of the series tbh especially Igris one/other reunions. Hopefully, manhwa will include them after the ending too. Also, I heard that there are small changes here and there in the manhwa which I can see some of it already and I think those changes are generally good, so I won't mind at all if manhwa story divert the from novel. I will be even happier if writer could fit one more arc since the story felt really rush toward the end.

I would suggest to read the "Bored College Students" translation, which in my opinion is the best.
Also, they probably have read the novel.

The Kings are hunters, extremely powerful hunters, but that's it, Monarchs are SPOILER material, and are different from the so called Kings.
Read the spoiler if you wanna know more

First, Monarchs are not hunters, but beings from another world (sort of God-like beings from another dimension), who command each a different kind of monsters, and can create the Gates.
Also yes, they are immortal.

MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD

You were warned

We could say that Jinwoo is a Monarch, even if right now he technically isn't, but he will be.
The creepy smiling statue guy from the firsts chapters is called Architect, the one that devised the "leveling system" the MC uses.
It was created to find a suitable vessel for the Monarch of Darkness/Death to use, but the Monarch (Ashborn), will not use Jinwoo as a vessel, and instead betrays the Architect and gives the MC his powers.
He isn't actually a bad guy like other Monarchs are, and one of his desires is to die, he also doesn't want to erase the existence of Jinwoo...

Hope I make sense, English is not my language...

@jinta
damn that's actually a pretty cool plot, i was expecting a big baddie deep inside from how the story is going but glad am not that far off. I'm looking forward to the future fights then

@Leevee thanks you actually answered more of my question before i could ask

last few to clear up some part of the story
i assume monarchs are not really monolithic group with the same goal that's why gates and awakening exist so humans can "git gud" before other monarchs do a "hostile takeover"

don't spoil the ending yet tho for others in the comment, clearing some plot points is a way different level of spoiling than ouright saying how this ends

Users who are viewing this thread