Solo Leveling

I just realized that the training routine the system has him do is the exact same routine that Saitama did in One Punch Man. I wonder if that's intentional...

Aggregator gang
This is getting better and better

@AbuHajaar why?? His world is not a game thou, kirito is....what meaning is to be powerful inside a virtual world that doesn't affect reality at all..

Every single chapter always keeps me at the edge of my seat D:<

Yep this is too good, it just beat The Moonlight Sculptor in my favorite manga lists.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, what an unfair apology. You literally can't not forgive him after that.

Group Leader
More and more interesting. Can't wait for next Chapter... I think the RAW up to Chapter 47 in "kakaopage". ^^
Thanks 4 the english translation guys. Always health. :D

Double-page supporter
Btw, does anybody recommend any manga with a good video game system? Most of the time, it's either the MC is so powerful that the game system becomes useless (ex: Re:Monster, kuma, kuma,...), or the game system is just a convenient way to give the MC a cheat but has nearly no impact (ex: Overlord, Kuro no Shoukanshi: you can easily remove the game system and it doesn't change much, it doesn't really justify how the MC grows stronger, it doesn't feel like the MC grow stronger because of the system), or the game system rules change so much that it's annoying (ex: The Gamer, Seichou Cheat de Nandemo, ...)

What I am looking is a manga where the characters become stronger as the story progress and that you feel it's due to the game system. At the same time, the game system has a set of rules well defined, not a convenient way to give something to the MC.

I know of this manga (as of now) and Death Mage doesn't want a fourth time (though it will appear only later)

PS: an easy way to spot them: they regularly show the status menu with skill/stats growing (not just adding new stuff)

@Ovnidemon

Overgeared - its a vrmmorpg ln/manwha, MC does technically get something overpowered but he has to actually work at it for it to be usable, Naruto having the nine tails would be a similar situation actually. It does get a bit cheesy with the growth and the MC is a bit unlikeable in the beginning but overall really enjoyable, huge world building

Double-page supporter
@Icryalot I read it a bit and I don't think it's what I look for. Most novel about video game (mainly VRMMO), stats and the likes aren't really important. "You have now two times your stats? The monsters you fight now also have two times the stats of those fought before". The MC grows stronger but so is his sourrounding, so in the end you don't feel he grow stronger, just that he changes scenery. In these novels, it's less about personal growth but more about influence growth. (They start unknown are build the biggest guild step by step). I may be wrong about OG but if it follows the genre, I am not too much interested (Though, it may be good, just not what I am looking for).

If I want to explain: In Solo leveling, he starts weak->gain the cheat->Fight Snake monster with difficulty-> Fight spider monster (same level as snake) easily; and at the same time you have people that doesn't change to show how much stronger he gets with each step.
In Death mage: he gains more and more skills, becoming able to make more and more absurd things but the skills he gains are logical, not random (Re:monster). For example: he can create basic skeleton at the start, and later he can summon advanced skeleton, ...

Another manga that I didn't mention is Kumo desu, but it's because it's only half what I am looking for: yes she gets stronger with the system, killing foes she had difficulty with before, but her growth is mainly dependent on the skills she buys. She doesn't gain these skills; it's like Re:Monster : the effects of the skills can take a direction she didn't have before. If the skill store in Kumo desu was removed, or more limited by your current situation, it will be exactly what I am looking for. (But there is also the turn it will take soon. Sigh)

I think the pacing of this series could use some work. Too many chapters end with cliffhangers which doesn't allow for proper buildup in my opinion, and when the build up comes to an end, it just ends in another cliffhanger. Besides the pacing the series though is pretty good.

Dex-chan lover
someone please delete the new chapter, shitty quality and very spiteful to meraki

Dex-chan lover
I’m not going to thank Spoiled B Scans, because though I may have to wait for it, Meraki gives clean scans and good sentances. Unlike what I see in chapter 31 that Spoiled B posted.

I think there is some sarcasm in this chapter ? its not the 1st april, but it's a good one !

Users who are viewing this thread